FFGL plugins vote

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: FFGL plugins vote

Post by hive8 »

I will add the clone rotation, what you mean by clone offsetting? Clone colorization, not sure what will be done here. Alternate flipping I will look into. Most likely this feature come into version 1.5 of the plugin. In the meantime, tomorrow or so the Rotational Cloning plugin will be release, almost done with it. I really need to get started on the OSX versions, but first need to buy the hardware, kkk.
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

Let me try to explain what I mean by offsetting which might be better described as offsetting the origin or the source image.

Currently your plugin scales and distributes clones to one side so that your offset (what I might call x-shift) is required to move the clones back into frame.

Taking X to mean the original image and C to mean the clone this is what currently happens:

XCCCCCC
6 clones with no offset - this is what the current version does.

CCCXCCC
6 clones with offset 3 - when Clone Scale, x or y Distance or distribution is changed, the scaling and distribution would start from X and the Clones would get progressively scaled or distributed from there. This would mean there would be less need for your offset (x-shift) although you should keep it in.

Some comments on the limits...
Your offset (x-shift) is useful but could do with extending further in both directions.
The Clone Scale only scales smaller but in certain situations it would be great to scale bigger.
The Clones only goes up to 10, perhaps it should go up to 11 ;)

A bonus side effect of the Automask is that you get fading in the clones if the contrast is adjusted downwards.

hive8

Post by hive8 »

For this version I will add
X-shift - add more value so can extend further
Clone Scale - 0(min) - 100(middle) - 200(max)
Number of Clones - make it to 11 (kkkkk)

The offset feature will have to wait a little bit, version 1.5

Can you show me a example of the automask, would love to see it.

I started on the Grid strobe FFGL and the ring cloner.

Had a few questions for grid strobe, I will be prototyping it in openframeworks then move it over to FFGL.

The grid gets generated how, you want a box size X and Y or number of Boxes in X and Y
or have both ( would be interesting since you can set it not the use the whole canvas).

The boxes should start from the top left corner or from the middle of the canvas?

On a side note, I am getting closer to be able to compile for OSX, will be coming soon.
Also where on the forum should i start a thread about each plugin separate.

rawdesigns

Post by rawdesigns »

I would love to see a live typing plugin. Whatever you are typing can be displayed in real time. That would be awesome to communicate with the audience, similar to what Above & Beyond does at their live shows.

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

+1 to Raw's suggestion
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

+2 with me .
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

Sadler

Post by Sadler »

hive8 wrote: Can you show me a example of the automask, would love to see it.
Not fading each subsequent clone progressively but all equally.
white_grid 2014-06-16 at 06.08.55.png
This is automask contrast set to 0.17

damstraversaz

Post by damstraversaz »

rawdesigns wrote:I would love to see a live typing plugin. Whatever you are typing can be displayed in real time. That would be awesome to communicate with the audience, similar to what Above & Beyond does at their live shows.
a great idea !
digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/#!art-numerique/c1s43
music for dance, documentary and digital arts:
http://www.damientraversaz.com/

hive8

Post by hive8 »

Yes I been looking at a live typing FFGL plugin already, the typing is not really the problem, as isn't getting it into resolume, I am currently looking at a way to be able to select TTF font so you are not limited to one font.

For the typing plugin I am looking at two option:
Option 1: everything is handled in Resolume.

Option 2: The VJ is most time at the FoH and the DJ on stage, who would be typing is the DJ, so i need to make something that takes via a iPad or other PC the type and sends it to the FFGL plugin installed at the VJ Computer.
Looking at openframeworks for the typing canvas and send info to FFGL plugin, via a small communication server in realtime, only info that would be transmitted is the live typing.

Also on the menu is a timer, with selection to HH : MM : SS, with some parameter so you can change the distance between the numbers and the : as well as leave them out and so on. That should be ready for NY eve no problem, kkkk.

dirtyjohn_lv

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

The Live Type that A&B use is the long way around.
On the Resolume laptop, they use a combination of Flash/Javascript and browser for live type. They type in the browser and it shows up in the flash in Resolume. Their fancy ribbon visuals are also just Resolume lines

Could probably pull it off in just Flash, just have your flash file key in "return" after every keystroke ;)