Akai APC40 - Anyone have a Midi Map?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
SuperChester

Re: Akai APC40 - Anyone have a Midi Map?

Post by SuperChester »

goto10 wrote:Resolume does not support a 'clip trigger grid' like this.

If you want to access more than the first 8 assigned columns, you will have to resort to Bomes wizardry.

BTW, generally this limitation forces you to keep deck size down to around 40 clips per deck, which greatly improves stability and deck switching speeds.
If I switch decks (with MIDI or otherwise), are the trigger buttons remapped to the new set of clips, or are they still attached to the original deck?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you use the Application Midi map mode, the triggers are remapped.

If you use the Composition Midi map, they are still linked to the original deck. However, it is never possible to trigger clips from a deck which is not active.

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Kadete »

Joris wrote:If you use the Application Midi map mode, the triggers are remapped.

If you use the Composition Midi map, they are still linked to the original deck. However, it is never possible to trigger clips from a deck which is not active.

Shouldn't be reasonable having a hibrid? :?
Where we can assign all matrix like Comp Midi Map and maintain even when we change decks like App Midi Map...
(also assign all matrix with or withoud videos like App Midi Map)

On the present way i have to map my Apc 40 all matrix every deck, and when i clear and/or put another video i have to remap the cell :cry:

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

In App Midi Map, change the focus from layer to deck in the bottom left ;)

https://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/controlling#midi

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Kadete »

Joris wrote:In App Midi Map, change the focus from layer to deck in the bottom left ;)

https://resolume.com/manual/en/r4/controlling#midi
Haha thanks, i'm so blind :D