Possibility to add a simple Luma Keyed Layer just before Out

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
sensslen
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Possibility to add a simple Luma Keyed Layer just before Out

Post by sensslen »

Hi,

we're quite frequently using Resolume to VJ and add a Layer to display some Text from another Computer. It would be nice to be able to add the Text just after all the VJ effects and stuff right in the Output preferences. This would prevent the VJ from accidental removing and stuff.

Regards, sensslen

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Possibility to add a simple Luma Keyed Layer just before

Post by cosmowe »

Hi there...
I can only offer you a workaround...maybe others have another ideas?

Add another layer on the very top of your compostion and copy your text in every horizontal slot of this layer. If your VJ now uses the colum trigger funktion he always triggers the text as well. This may minimizes the possibility of "wooooaaaaaaa?..where is the text!?!??!" ;)

Another way could be:
Somewhere out there must exist a FFGL Text generator Plug-In which can be add to the composition output....but...I don't know where :?

Greetings
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Christoph »

maybe this workaround helps:
at the moment you can't "luma-key" but if you produce the text with alpha it works, blending is also possible.
make a layer where you put the text. you can select "ignore column trigger", so you're not likely to mess around. in the advanced output make one slice above your main slice (or one above every slice you want to have it). when you deselect "layer opacity" in the input selection, you can always have the fader of your layer down but it's still on top of your main output, this way you also don't mess with the logo by using composition effects, as the clip is loaded before the effects come to play. you can also leave "layer opacity" on, but for me luma keying didn't work, however i could blend it over the main output. it's just more dangerous that you get messed up when the logo comes into the main comp.
hope this helps.
greets,

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You can also use the Luma Key blend mode but the [Auto Mask] effect is probably what's going to be the closest to what you're looking for especially if you're working with white text on a black background.

Just drop it on your clip and it'll be like having a luma keyed layer.