Autopilot with specifc number of loops

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Autopilot with specifc number of loops

Post by knappy »

I am looking for a way to have autopilot run through a clip X times and then move to next/first/last. I haven't for the life of me figured out how to specify the number of loops of a clip. Any help is appreciated.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Autopilot with specifc number of loops

Post by Sadler »

There currently isn't a way to specify the number of loops for autopilot (AFAIK), however...

You could always render multiple loops in your editor of choice and then trim in Resolume.

Or, you could copy the clip in the layer the number of times you require until the next clip.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

A way to do that would be set up layer router clips that target different layers of your composition and set the duration of your layer router to the exact number of loops you want which will be the duration of the clips in milliseconds times the number of times you want to see the clip.

This won't work if you have audio but otherwise all you have to do is set up your layer routers to auto follow as per your needs and have all your clips rolling in repeat mode.

Take a look at the attached comp
Repeat Clips.avc
(81.19 KiB) Downloaded 855 times
I used the Orange-Strings-07_720p_DXV video clip available for download at: http://resolume.com/gfx/dxv/OrangeStrings_720p_DXV.zip.

Let me know if this works for you. The hard part is figuring all the timings when you have different clips and going back to the first clip but that's a start!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

If you use fixed bpm or your clips are not synced to bpm, try my Controller prorgram,
you can relaunch column in specified time n number of times, and set auto launch next column in given time.
link is in my signature

edit: it now works bpm synced, to set beats/bars too
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

knappy
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by knappy »

Beautiful. This makes sense. Might be less manual if future updates include a feature like this in the clip or autopilot but this will work for me. Thank you for the great example!

mrhansnable
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mrhansnable »

could someone explain to me exactly how to do layer routing? A bit new at this.

thanks so much!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

mrhansnable
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by mrhansnable »

hey Joris. thanks for the response. Unfortuntaly that link you sent is just a 2-3 sentence descriptive of what layer routing is (which I kinda know). Is there any way someone could explain the process of how to actually set one up?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Do a quick search on this forum and I have a few post about how to use the layer router with companion AVC files. Keep in mind these posts are just a reflection I use it but there are many different applications.