APC 40 MK2 Review

Bro, does your rig even lift?
mullakhan
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: APC 40 MK2 Review

Post by mullakhan »

Thanks for the review! I bought an APC 40 right after reading. It really is sweet. I can utilize so many more parameters than i could before.

There are a few weird glitches (for some reason I have to press buttons twice for solo or black out) but I was working with a mouse previously waiting for the right controller. It is night and day!

Thanks again!

lb2593

Post by lb2593 »

Thank's for getting back it's nice to see what people tend to set up besides the common mapping ;)

I really appreciate the review and love every minute performing with my APC 40 MK II

Mullakhan - I also noticed the few glitches that can be changed with simply changing the button to a piano as it then acts as an on and off button.

Thanks !

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

Anybody tried this already with Bome's Midi Translator? I'm trying to get the - Off Note - a colour so I can see in the dark still which button it is and give it a proper layout, sadly nu succes yet so far.

coz3r
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by coz3r »

I hit up Akai to get a communications protocol sheet for the mkii like they have for the original (so I can re-map the lights in bomes) but so far silence on their end.

maybe if more people bug them they'll release it? Here is my community board post..
http://community.akaipro.com/akai_profe ... olor-remap

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you're talking about the RGB pads, the implementation is basic as bricks. Each note velocity just has a different color assigned to it ( ie 0 = off, 1 = dull white, 2= white, 3 = bright white, 4 = pink etc etc on to 127 = orange ).

If you've remapped colors using Bomes before, it shouldn't take you more than half an hour to cobble together a list of velocities.

Be sure to share with the community!

coz3r

Post by coz3r »

well that was easy... thanks man

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

So did you get a chance to share your list? I'm sure there are many people that would like to know.

It would be a nice way to say thank you to the people that you asked for help with your post on the Akai forums.

TCO

Post by TCO »

yes please share the scrip for resolume. I just got the Mk2 as well. Wish it were a bit stronger.............

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

Easier said then done sadly.

I'm no Bomes expert but I'm able to change colours in the on state. However in the off state the note has to be on in order to have the lights on. I'm working on it but will take a while.

coz3r

Post by coz3r »

I would be happy to post a color list and my bomes file as I did for the first apc40, when I resume the project .. The day after my after my last post I was in an accident. Broke my collar bone and left arm twice. Now I look like Tyrannosaurus Rex when i vj (short arms in sling).

Not sure I quite understand where your subtext is going as the akai forum went nowhere