need key adjustment function

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
wl_kicker
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

need key adjustment function

Post by wl_kicker »

more than mouse clicking , hope can use arrow key or middle button of mouse ,use wheel to adjust the value..

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: need key adjustment function

Post by Oaktown »

Not available yet, but you could always drag any of the parameters you need to control onto one of the 8 links (available in the dashboard of comp, layer and clip) and click/drag up & down to change the value. This is great combined with OSC/DMX/MIDI controllers especially with the endless rotary buttons of an APC40 since it will retain the values of each instance.

A couple other alternatives:
  • 1) You can always key in the value by clicking on the box and you can use basic math in the value cell, so if your value is .30 you could do .30*2 to get .60. Keep in mind that that you can use math pretty much everywhere there is a value which is super useful in the advanced output

2) Also, when you click on the green value bar and place your mouse cursor on either of the arrow, each click give you a +1 (or -1) which is pretty useful for finer adjustments

wl_kicker

Post by wl_kicker »

1 by 1 is too slow. but directly mouse drag is too fast for position adjusting. i got the apc40 pad, but for each layer or clip position , i can't link everything to dashboard. or i suggest if i hold ctrl or alt or some key, i can use mouse to drag slowly..or the slider will be zoom up while i click it . then i have longer slider for fine adjustment. :D

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

ALT does that fine adjustment allready
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

wl_kicker

Post by wl_kicker »

ravensc wrote:ALT does that fine adjustment allready
this is what i missed...thank you so much