resolume 2 beta 2 available!

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
bart
Team Resolume

resolume 2 beta 2 available!

Post by bart »

We have just uploaded a new resolume version to our website. We're calling this one beta 2. We have fixed many if not all bugs but so far were unable to reproduce one or two bugs that were reported.

New features
- right click the save-deck button to save a copy of the current deck.
- chaos mode is improved, chaos can now switch between decks. The chaos mode doesn't interfere with the user input, so it won't change the focus of the channels and layers anymore. You can freely change the other layers and its properties without losing focus.
- we implemented a bypass button for the layers, this way you can setup a layer before you display it on the screen.
- mousewheel works on filebrowser, use mousewheel to scroll up and down the list.

Improvements
- we changed the place and appearance of the clear layer buttons.
- mousewheel behaviour has improved, when entering a slider with the mouse the focus is set to that slider. Using the mousewheel on top of a slider results in changing it's value.
- shortcuts and midi keys are now available to bypass global and layer effects, and also to bypass the different layers.
- implemented alt-click, alt-click clears a layer or channel. Its works the same as using the ALT-shortcut combination.
- midi- and key shortcuts for bypassing layer effects, global effects and layers.

Fixed bugs
- the mouse mode of the effect params works now with the mouse position on the complete screen or only on the ouput screen if that option is set. that option was present before but didn't work.
- shortcuts and settings for the effects and freeframe plugins are now stored and not lost. also the opened or closed state of the effect categories are remembered
- some popups reapeared when openening other dialogs, this has been fixed.
- dvdmax has been fixed, only worked on ati cards, now works on matrox cards as well again.
- when you right click a channel with pictures it will show you how many pictures there are loaded in that channel.
- chaos bug is fixed, layer order is now taken into account when using chaos mode.
- tile with audio doesn't crash the application anymore.
- flash files sometimes didn't play when no audio signal was present, now they will.
- in and outpoints are fixed, length of clip was not allways shown correct, espcially when loading deck from resolume 1.51
- setting in and out point bug is fixed, as well as its midi implementation.
- toggle direction is fixed.
- screen setup bugs are fixed.
- opacity up active layer shorctut is fixed (shift +=)
- for the rest we worked on minor bugs like the behaviour of scrollbars, midi and key shortcuts.

Tips and tricks
- right clicking on sliders results in restoring the value to it's default. this works on the audio and effect param sliders.
- holding down shift when changing properties of a channel will result in changing the same value for all the channels in the deck. This also works on the layer properties, then all layers will be set to the same values.
- if you have a smaller screen and your global effects appear in the tabs, the bypass button of an effect is not visible. right click the remove button to disable the effect.

Enjoy! And let us know what you think here.

monopohl
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by monopohl »

the man without hairs says thx
gonna test it now - tell u opinion after the afernoon session :cool:
Attachments
herrglatze.jpg
herrglatze.jpg (17.37 KiB) Viewed 15344 times

SuperficiaL
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

sounds promising

Post by SuperficiaL »

Sounds really good!

gonna try it tomorow.
looking forward to it...

greetz, SuperficiaL

dizzgo
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by dizzgo »

yea, tnx for this grat piece of software, i'll test it, as soon my boss isn't watching at me... ;-)

VJ MFx
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by VJ MFx »

Gonna test it tonight and tomorrow on my gig...let you know how things went...

Trunx

Post by Trunx »

Yes Yes, Here we go. I'm gonna enjoy this!

Trunx

Post by Trunx »

Has anyone caught up with that vj box suggestion i left? I've got a couple more bigger systems in the pipeline too including a dual processor setup.

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

awsome timing, i have 2 gigs in the next week, i was going to have to use 1.51 demo, but ill be testing 2.0 beta 2.

thanks for the awsome work, as so as i get some money together ill be buying it.

Danger

Cool feature

Post by Danger »

Preview feature is the best

mfo

fierce crashes :(

Post by mfo »

it nice to have the new version and some new features are great. especially that the fullscreen output doesn't stop anymore when i switch to another systemtask.

BUT i get a _complete crash of resolume_ when i right-click on a flash movie on the desk or on a layer! it happens even when the clip is not being played. i just want to adjust the variables ... boom .. resolume crashes.
i didn't have that behaviour in beta1 (with exactly the same clips).