Record problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Orubasarot
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Record problems

Post by Orubasarot »

wow where you been dude? nice one :)
Last edited by Orubasarot on Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:23, edited 3 times in total.

rxfromparis
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by rxfromparis »

desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

i'm still on the Fraps issue, i cannot get Fraps to record the full screen output on display 2, i'v tried all kinds of tricks, but nothing :(

i agree that disenabling the output monitor in the program window might help changing the focus of Fraps on a windowed output on display 1(or 2)

i have managed to record 720P of the output monitor, but to get that result, i had to push all the controls to the right, and lose all the layers but one, to get a big output window.

Fraps works great because it does not have a memory issue, since it cuts up the recording into smaller chunks, maybe thats an idea for Avenue as well??
desktop: Windows 7 64bit , i7 920 2.66Ghz, 12Gb Ram, GTX 950 2Go, WD Velociraptor 300Go, terratec asio phase 26 usb soundcard & midi,Novation Nocturn controlpad, Akai MPK mini, and soon to come : BCR 2000 :))

Tschoepler
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Tschoepler »

Woohaa! I just saw that VirtualDub (and Windows 7 in general) has some sort of hardware acceleration running on Windows 7. See 5th post: http://www.virtualdub.org/blog/pivot/entry.php?id=290
Now I was wondering why the hell fps drops so drastically when capturing via VirtualDub (or camtasia, or …). And again I found this other thread where they said that disabling the GDI would improve capture performance. So I switched my Windows 7 design to "Windows 7 Basic" and tried again. Voilá > 24fps (stable) and a CPU usage of 20 to 30%. It seems that GID is somehow in rivalry with Avenue.
Maybe this helps someone.
████▀ ▄█ tschoepler.net █████ zweifarbton.net █▄ ▀████

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

@ Tschoepler

first of all, really thanks for the virtualdub heads up : i had no idea they had added a screen capture driver at all :o that's great !!

could you give us a little tuto on how your have set up Seven (i understand what you mean by "switched my Windows 7 design to "Windows 7 Basic" just cant find where to do this, feel so stupid :oops: ) and how you are recording? i suppose your recording a fixed output window on screen 1?? I suppose there is no way to record screen 2 window or full?? i tryed by offsetting x but no way :(

btw, in what format does VD record? is there a 4gb limit ( i suppose not on ntsf?)

thx for any info, and i'm sure not to be the only one following this thread ;)

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

Just open the preferences for Avenue.exe (right–click the executable) and check "deactivate visual design". You could probably even check "deactivate desktop design". That way whenever Avenue starts the designs and hardware–accelerated Interface gets deactivated. And when you close Avenue they get activated again. Is pretty much what I do with my batch–files I posted a while ago. They just go ahead and even deactivate some more windows–services. I just didn't use the bat when I tried to record :roll:

I know this shows the VirtualDub prefs but I would go for Avenue's. It's your decision.

You are right that VirtualDub only records screen #1. So sad :(
For the moment I am using the trial of camtasia but I'll switch to some openSource/freeware after it expires :mrgreen: I think CamStudio looks nice http://alternativeto.net/software/camstudio/

edit: I recorded 10 minutes for now (with Camtasia & with Avenue's recording functionality). I had no problems with Avenue but it stresses the CPU around 2x as much as does Camtasia.

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

@ Tschoepler thx !!!

ps: just got an email back from beepa, the people how make Fraps :mrgreen: : they have sent me a beta to test that will enable the possibility to record from screen 2 !! going to test this we and will get back with info :)))

rxfromparis

Post by rxfromparis »

ok, just a quick update :

the new Fraps beta i tested is able to capture screen 2 full screen with no problem now !!

I was able to capture 10 mns of Avenue Hd output with 4 hd sources rolling in Avenue, 30 fps stable, captured video is great, a little vsync thing easy to work out, be this is looking very promising :D

as soon as the beta is available for download (it's free to test) i will write up a full tuto :ugeek:

so happy ;)

Tschoepler

Post by Tschoepler »

quick note: If you turn off the Aero-Style please read this thread carefully. On fast moving, high contrast footage you might get some tearing on your output. Took me a day to figure out what was going on because I haven't read that one.

Hypnotist
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Hypnotist »

I'm running on this same problem. Memory can't be issue (16GB) and harddrive neither (SSD-raid writes 300MB/s). I can record only around 10sec clips and sometimes recoding just hangs after about 10sec: button is showing "Writing..."

Arena 4.1.11
Os X Yosemite
Last edited by Hypnotist on Thu Jan 29, 2015 12:06, edited 1 time in total.
------------------------------------------------
http://ljhypnotist.com
iMac 12.2, 3,4GHz/16GB/HD6970m 2GB/TB SSD-raid/DH2go
Arena 4, Modul8, Arkaos, MAX, QC, Unity3d, Madmapper
Launchpad,Maschine, RemoteZero SL, Bitstream 3x