Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Floating Clips

Post by DayVeeJay »

+1 for clip/layer locking

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Kadete »

Persistent Layers that do not change as you switch Decks in a Composition. Perfect for logos, inputs, effect clips, etc
+1
Another thing I'm missing it's a way to "lock" things up. I can't tell you how many times I removed an effect or moved a layer for mistake (and then all the midi assignments shifted position). I'd really like to work on my setup and then "lock" everything (can't delete, can't move), that would be great.
+1

Would be perfect if that was done :D

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

sushidread wrote:Another thing I'm missing it's a way to "lock" things up. I can't tell you how many times I removed an effect or moved a layer for mistake (and then all the midi assignments shifted position). I'd really like to work on my setup and then "lock" everything (can't delete, can't move), that would be great.
There has been a few threads on locking features so why don't you take a look at them and add your 2 cents:
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10892&p=43441&hilit=locking#p43441
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9354&hilit=locking
Persistent Layers that do not change as you switch Decks in a Composition. Perfect for logos, inputs, effect clips, etc
Layers don't change when you switch decks so I'm not sure what you mean. Do you mean having the ability to have a layer that has the same artwork in all decks? If that's the case, what you would like to have is the choice between a regular layer and an all-decks layer when you create the layer, right?

A quick way to "lock" a layer is to select "Ignore Column Trigger" for that layer. Then unless you select a different clip, the artwork will remain consistent as you switch decks. This is a great way to do upstream and downstream keys such as lower thirds and chroma key with a live source in Resolume while you change backgrounds.