BPM Video / Audio Delay

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
deftlyd
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

BPM Video / Audio Delay

Post by deftlyd »

I'm looking for a way to do a BPM tap tempo delay effect. The closest that I could find was the Delay RGB with all colors linked, which is at best syncable by eye and ear and seems to speed up and slow down on it's own a bit when testing with a camera and the effect applied to video feedback.

What I would like is a slider to pick the tempo (80 to 160 would be fine as a bpm range as it ends on a point that can sync with the beginning point).
A slider to select divisions of the beat (repeat every : 16 beats, 8 beats, 4, 2, 1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16th beat).

Possibly a different idea altogether but an FFT Filter to tap tempo would also be worth considering (mic the environment, adjust and let the beat that is heard set the tap tempo if the beat is obvious).

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: BPM Video / Audio Delay

Post by He2neg »

I dont know exactly what you want to reach but if you didnt saw it so far you may be happy with this option :

Set the Transport of the Clip to BPM and then you´ll see the parameter "beat looper" below the transport.

This can be the droid you are looking for :ugeek:
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

deftlyd
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by deftlyd »

There is no Transport because the effect is being applied to live video and video feedback.

My best attempt at getting the video delay effect to work, using a camera feed at 1/4 width moved to the right, video feedback moved to the left most edge of the video clip, and Delay RGB added to the video feedback. Optimally I would want an effect that sets the delay time in bpm and uses the composition tempo to set that.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

you would need an external app that receives the tap and bpm via osc, calculates the values for the rgb delay time and sends back to the effect.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu