How to? strobe + mapping

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

How to? strobe + mapping

Post by Kadete »

Hello everyone! Didn't manage to create/found this two things on Resolume, so would like your help, if isn't too much to ask :D

1) How i make one time strob fade white to black, each time i trigger in MIDI controller?

2) How i create this kind of strob effects for stages that require mapping?
I don't want anything this complex, just wanna learn to use for 4 screens.
Image Image

a) Use X effect with Y effect, Z parameters (no need to change anything on mapping)
b) a) + mapping using W options
c) Create specific clips for the stage design
d) Create new effects and trigger like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgn9g7gfzvI
e) Leave it to the pros noob!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: How to? strobe + mapping

Post by Joris »

1 ) Create a white solid with its brightness param set to one shot play backwards.

2 ) The pro you mention in E uses D in combination with A and B to do C

So I guess the answer is f ) all of the above

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

Joris wrote:1 ) Create a white solid with its brightness param set to one shot play backwards.

2 ) The pro you mention in E uses D in combination with A and B to do C

So I guess the answer is f ) all of the above

Hey joris

Can you elaborate a little on this?

I would normally do this by creating an input pixel map first and then creating a video file in after effects that strobes the same way.

It would be great if there was a way to do this sort of alternate strobbing in arena itself.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

If you have a good input map, you're already 95% there. Then a screen flash is nothing more than a correctly placed white solid with its brightness or opacity animated. You can use the clip scale and position in combination with Crop, Slide and Mirror effects to get flashes on the correct parts.

If you like, you can then use the record function to create different preset chases from these clips and sync em to the BPM.

Or you could, you know, make something really complicated in Touch Designer and call it 'Epic'. :twisted:

joshuadmello

Post by joshuadmello »

Joris wrote: Or you could, you know, make something really complicated in Touch Designer and call it 'Epic'. :twisted:
Haha.

Thanks this helps! Ill try it out.

Kadete

Post by Kadete »

Joris wrote:If you have a good input map, you're already 95% there. Then a screen flash is nothing more than a correctly placed white solid with its brightness or opacity animated. You can use the clip scale and position in combination with Crop, Slide and Mirror effects to get flashes on the correct parts.

If you like, you can then use the record function to create different preset chases from these clips and sync em to the BPM.
Thank you for the response.
Last edited by Kadete on Tue Nov 03, 2015 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

brentbucci
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by brentbucci »

Hey, So, that's my buddy Jonathan at ultra in those clips, I did something simular on my stage at EDC.
The easy way is: Create a base layer with a line generator in your intended direction. Then create repeater slices the same size as your screens. Then change the input to a 1x1 square and place them in a proportional space to your composition (IE: U1 would go on the left side, etc). Add a black layer above and route them out bypassing opacity, and assign your clips to piano.

Add hue and effects. Boom.
-Brent Bucci

AmielG12
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by AmielG12 »

brentbucci wrote:Hey, So, that's my buddy Jonathan at ultra in those clips, I did something simular on my stage at EDC.
The easy way is: Create a base layer with a line generator in your intended direction. Then create repeater slices the same size as your screens. Then change the input to a 1x1 square and place them in a proportional space to your composition (IE: U1 would go on the left side, etc). Add a black layer above and route them out bypassing opacity, and assign your clips to piano.

-Brent Bucci
Could you make a screenshot of this setup? I can't get my head around it

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Well, the first gif is Angelo (afrojack logo). It may be a Vsquared server setup for the stage, but Angelo probably has some wizardy going on with his programming to make it happen as in the video

Kadete

Post by Kadete »

brentbucci wrote:Hey, So, that's my buddy Jonathan at ultra in those clips, I did something simular on my stage at EDC.

-Brent Bucci
Many thanks Brent ;)

Imagehttp://media.giphy.com/media/3o85xupaF0 ... /giphy.gif

However, I still didn't manage to create the 1) question, since i didn't figure out how i reset the parameter to 1,0 when i leave the button or trigger the effect