Blackmagic output

Bro, does your rig even lift?
AdevProjects
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Blackmagic output

Post by AdevProjects »

On blackmagic devices with outputs, for example an intensity shuttle. Is input and output supported at the same time? (Assuming you have enough bandwidth available). Also are analog outputs supported?

fruitygreen
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Blackmagic output

Post by fruitygreen »

t13swift wrote:On blackmagic devices with outputs, for example an intensity shuttle. Is input and output supported at the same time? (Assuming you have enough bandwidth available).
I have tested on my older Intesity Pro cards and USB3 Shuttle and on my system is;
Yes if using output as a monitor(pass-through) of input .

No, when capturing into Resolume and/or No, when Advance output from Resolume. I could only do one task at a time from Resolume.
t13swift wrote: Also are analog outputs supported?
Lost my analog plugs. Couldn't test. But me think I would get the same results.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Blackmagic output

Post by Joris »

Whether or not your BM box supports in and out is not really a Resolume question, it's a BM question. Not all BM products support full duplex, so it depends on the card.

As long as the card you're using supports simultaneous in and output, you will be able to access them in Resolume.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Blackmagic output

Post by Oaktown »

Found on the following Blackmagic Forum:
All of the Decklink and Ultrastudio with the name or title with "4K" are able to be provide input and output at same time. The Decklink SDI 4K, Studio4K, 4K Pro, 4K Extreme (6G) and 4K Extreme 12G are all able to do support full duplex. Also, the Ultrastudio 4K and 4K Extreme (when shipping) are full duplex. To confirm on above products, the inputs and outputs can be used at same time