Citp in Resolume Arena v5

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
tk11de
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Citp in Resolume Arena v5

Post by tk11de »

Hi there around....now version 5 is released but I wonder if CITP is implemented?! I tried it directly with my light control software, but no configuration is done....seems there is no CITP implemented...is there any idea if it will come or not?

Greets Thomas

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Resolume Arena v5

Post by Joris »

There is no CITP in Arena 5.

We've been talking to quite a few LDs over the last two years, and we've come to the conclusion that a good seamless integration with a lighting console requires more than just sending thumbnail data.

So we've held off on implementing CITP on Arena 5 and placed it on the roadmap for Arena 6.

tk11de

Re: Citp in Resolume Arena v5

Post by tk11de »

:-(...i have been waiting for that but thats pity....so hope it won't take ages

indyLD
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by indyLD »

+1 re: waiting for CITP/MSEX

There are a lot of bonus features in Arena 5, no argument with that. Just being able to see content at the console can be the difference between a server being easily controllable or not. Resolume is more complex than old skool DMX controlled media servers and so obviously 'just' being able to see thumbnails does not equal seamless integration.

However, it does make that bit of difference and considering Resolume is a highly featured and affordable media server for the use of LDs (not just VJs), it's a huge shame that this was left off the version 5 release.

Vrtra81

Post by Vrtra81 »

Damn,

well I guess next time I should read about new features before I buy an upgrade.
Too late now... :(
Citp was all I wanted

alfaleader
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by alfaleader »

Would be cool to create a program to controll res 5 with a touchscreen. I have a touch screen now but the resolution is too low to use it with the resolume interface.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

alfaleader wrote:Would be cool to create a program to controll res 5 with a touchscreen. I have a touch screen now but the resolution is too low to use it with the resolume interface.
There are overlays available on the market that can be applied to any monitor and connected via USB.
Another option for touch interface is to use TouchOSC via tablet.