Making Audio Effect Video Effects Parameters

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
jacobxlaird
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Making Audio Effect Video Effects Parameters

Post by jacobxlaird »

Hi guys, I'm looking into using Resolume as my program of choice for a new AV I am starting, in tandem with Ableton Live, but had a question about some techniques I am interested in using before committing to learning the program. With the visual side of my project, I want specific visual effect parameters to be effected by the frequency, volume, etc. of the audio of the project, and to be able to modify the amount these audio characteristics effect the parameter I am assigning them to. Is this possible with Resolume, or will I have to look for another program to fit my needs?

Thanks in advance for any responses :)

TCO
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Making Audio Effect Video Effects Parameters

Post by TCO »

yes it is possible ....

He2neg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by He2neg »

Yes it is possible,
if the sound to effect is enough for your needs, just download the full functional demo and try it.
Laptop: XMG P507 // Intel i7-5500 / GTX-1060 / 1tb SSD / 32gb RAM // Lemur / BirdDog Studio NDI
~self employed AV technician / Schu.VT|a|posteo.de~
~Berlin~

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

Yup, I do that all the time. I have used "LoopBeAudio" to internally route the audio into Resolume from Virtual DJ. It is basically a virtual soundcard, that you would point Resolume to as the audio input.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You'll find the menu to control any parameter using FFT Audio (External, Composition or Clip) by right clicking on the down arrow to the right of the parameter name (the arrow will only show up if you're hovering in that area).

Then you can set the various controls to fine tune the way audio affects your clip. If you click on the right arrow next the the <>+- menu, you can even access the frequencies you want to use.

Also note that you can control these parameters (including the dry/wet mix but not the frequencies) using DMX/OSC/MIDI/Keyboard if you have further automation needs.