Need start Resolume Arena Solution in Clubbing

Bro, does your rig even lift?
hackys
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Need start Resolume Arena Solution in Clubbing

Post by hackys »

Hello all,

I need your help for knowing what hardware we need for install a complete resolume arena solution in own clubbing.

We want make a projection zone like this :
3 projector with same "animation" on the different wall
2 projector with same "animation on the bar
1 projector on the DJ Booth
and 2 last projector for animate a zone with text animation for the sponsorship.

What I need for could start this solution?
one computer is enough? for control all this output or I need 4 different computer (one for each different projection)?

HDMI hub for going to Projector?
etc...

Thanks for your help!

Pascal

karamasov
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Need start Resolume Arena Solution in Clubbing

Post by karamasov »

Build a good rack mount PC, with an Nvidia 970 card or similar. Get one Datapath X4 to split the signal into 4, then use HDMI splitters for the different zones. Make sure the projectors in each zone are the same resolution, so you don´t confuse the X4 or splitter.

I have a rackmount PC and a Datapath X4 for sale, by the way. With a big Nvidia card and 4K resolutions running in multiple layers.

Where in the world are you situated?
See ad:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12695

hackys

Post by hackys »

Hi,thanks for your answer and your help.

You are sure than I can project 3 totally different animation on 3 different wall with one datapathx4 and one x4 hdmi splitter?

So, yes your solution look good.
Can you send me your proposal by mail
Home is in Belgium and clubbing is in RD Congo.
Pascal

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

You are sure than I can project 3 totally different animation on 3 different wall with one datapathx4 and one x4 hdmi splitter?
The Datapath X4 is one of the best display controllers out there but in order for it to work properly, 1) you need to set it up correctly which is easy to do on a PC but much harder on a Mac and 2) you need great signal distribution in (DL DVI most likely) and out.

As far as signal distribution goes,
  • anything below 15ft should be fine,
    between 15ft and 50ft, get high end cables and you should be fine as well but that really depends on your GPU
    anything above 50ft becomes more difficult and you'll need to figure out what's the most effective way to get the signal accross such as DL-DVI amps, extenders over CAT5/6/7, extenders over fiber optic, etc...
Keep in mind that the X4 has built-in amps for your outputs so you could technically be fine up to 50ft (they say 20M)

The X4 comes in two models (X4 & X4-1U) and the X4-1U is rackable so more bulky but quieter. I use the regular X4 and usually rig them near the projectors to minimize the output cable length to the minimum. Keep in mind that if you locate your X4 far from your server, you'll want to have a long run of USB to connect to it in case you want to make adjustments.

I use the X4 all the time and for long runs, I typically use Gefen Dual Link DVI fiber optic module extender with OM3 Duplex 50/125 fiber optic cable to run (3840x2160) DL DVI to the X4 with absolutely no degradation. For long USB runs, I use the Gefen USB 2.0 LR extender over CAT5/6.

As a matter of fact, I'm just planning an art installation in New York in a couple of weeks and I'm using Arena 5 to 2 Datapath X4. One X4 is set to 2048x1536 broken into four 1024x768 images and the other X4 is set to 3840x2160 broken into three 1920x1080 blended images and we're not using the 4th output. That 7 outputs using a Macbook Pro and the 2 Mini DisplayPort outputs and MiniDP to DL-DVI adapters, 2 sets of Gefen Dual Link DVI fiber optic module extenders.

Here is a quick teaser of the installation we premiered in San Francisco last year that we're taking to 3LD Art & Technology Center in New York so if you're around come say hi and check it out:
phpBB [video]

hackys

Post by hackys »

Hello again,

I'm just come back in Belgium now (Clubbing is in RD Congo)
I take a Datapath x4 , 4 FHD Projector, but I don't have the serveur anymore, only a HP computer, resolume run good except soms problem with the keyboard !

I have 2 projector with the same layer (Virtual Bar)
1 projector with a mapping on the Big Clubbing logo
1 projector on the Dj Booth

everything run good but I'm not sure I work properly.

with the datapath (Quarter), I don't see 4 screen, in output... only one ?
so, I'm going in "output" -->advanced and Full screen
Like that, i Have what I need on each projector.
maybe you can tell me if I working good like that, because now He work like a print of my computer screen..
Thanks a lot
Pascal