Auto triggering Next Column

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
stefan_92
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Auto triggering Next Column

Post by stefan_92 »

Heyy guys :)

I currently have very long gigs (16-30h) and therefore prepare some compositions in advance so I don't have to mix everything live the whole time.

The only problem is that the clips have different durations/lengths and therefore playing specific clips simultaneously doesn't work out using the layers auto pilot function.

What I need is a way to always trigger the next column, not only the next clip in a layer.

I know that there are already threads about this issue, but I wasn't able to find a satisfying solution in any of them.

Any ideas how to accomplish this?

With kind regards,

Stefan

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: Auto triggering Next Column

Post by Joris »

The problem with an auto-pilot on the column is that a column by itself is nothing. It has no duration, no timeline, no start and end point. It's just a shortcut to tell multiple clips to start playing at the same time.

It's not impossible to make an auto-pilot for it, but you get into the problem of when the auto-pilot should actually kick in. When the shortest clip has finished? When the longest clip has finished? After x amount of seconds? After clip x has looped y times? Should you as a user be able to choose among all these options? Making these decisions and then giving it an easy to access and understand interface is more work than we have time for at the moment.

If you want to weigh in on this discussion and look at some third party solutions, they're explained in greater detail here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12983&hilit=column+auto+pilot

stefan_92
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Auto triggering Next Column

Post by stefan_92 »

Hi,

Thanks for the quick response ;)

One of the plugins serves my needs perfectly.

Stefan :)