CITP Stream

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Fischmaster3000
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

CITP Stream

Post by Fischmaster3000 »

i'm searching for a solution to stream the arena output into the citp protocol. i need this for visualisation and preprogramming with grandMA 3D.

i found a tool which is currently in development: http://www.theimpersonalstereo.com/citpsharp/

is there any hint when resolume is going to add the citp protocol? or do you know any workarounds? maybe streaming via syphon/spout into vvvv and converting into citp? maybe there is someone out there who can patch this in vvvv for us?

impsnldavid

Re: CITP Stream

Post by impsnldavid »

I'm working on an app called CITPLink, which is an implementation of the CitpSharp library in a standalone application which can be used to share Syphon/Spout streams as CITP sources. Will be available in a couple of months.

Fischmaster3000

Post by Fischmaster3000 »

omg, this sounds amazing! could you share it in this thread when it is ready?

and if you need help we can alpha/beta test and give you feedback :)
we are running resolume arena media servers linked to a grandMA2 fullsize with MA3D

JimmyP
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by JimmyP »

Fischmaster3000 wrote:i'm searching for a solution to stream the arena output into the citp protocol. i need this for visualisation and preprogramming with grandMA 3D.

i found a tool which is currently in development: http://www.theimpersonalstereo.com/citpsharp/

is there any hint when resolume is going to add the citp protocol? or do you know any workarounds? maybe streaming via syphon/spout into vvvv and converting into citp? maybe there is someone out there who can patch this in vvvv for us?
they've said in a previous post that they are waiting till Resolume 6 to implement all the features used by LD's
Jayme McColgan
Lighting Designer

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

they've said in a previous post that they are waiting till Resolume 6 to implement all the features used by LD's
To be completely clear, what we said was that CITP is only one of the many things that would be needed to make Resolume work like a media server that LDs are used to. Whether or not we're going in that direction for Resolume 6 is a different question entirely.

Resolume wouldn't be what it is today if we wanted to make it another Hippo / Arkaos clone that approaches video as if it's just a glorified fixture with fancy gobos.

Video and light share a lot of similarity, but they are not the same. The popularity of Resolume with LDs, despite the obvious lack of CITP and a UI that compliments a lighting desk workflow, shows that maybe running video on modern stages requires a different approach than the servers of old.

lonestar

Post by lonestar »

sorry joris but I think that is an excuse.
I feel primarily about anything from a wound of control.
because unfortunately the preview my clips is necessary. why it is not possible in resolume is probably rather a technical problem.
hopefully you chased you not professional ld´s by this rejection.

tkrautsc

Post by tkrautsc »

On OS X you can use CITP Tool: https://k-mt.net/citp-tool/
This application supports CITP streaming from Syphon Sources and also nearly all other applications, which will be displayed on your monitors.
A free of charge demo version is also available.

alenokia

Post by alenokia »

impsnldavid wrote:I'm working on an app called CITPLink, which is an implementation of the CitpSharp library in a standalone application which can be used to share Syphon/Spout streams as CITP sources. Will be available in a couple of months.

hello!!! some new about CITP for vvvv or spout? Thanks

alljonnyservices

Post by alljonnyservices »

alenokia wrote:
impsnldavid wrote:I'm working on an app called CITPLink, which is an implementation of the CitpSharp library in a standalone application which can be used to share Syphon/Spout streams as CITP sources. Will be available in a couple of months.

hello!!! some new about CITP for vvvv or spout? Thanks

How is this software coming along??? :)

Mixalisfr

Post by Mixalisfr »

Is CITP steel on the to do list?