Echo Effect

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Echo Effect

Post by Arvol »

Hi Guys,
Was told I could achieve a similar After Effects FX "Echo" by using the Resolume FX Iterate. Can't seem to get it :(
Does anyone know of a plugin or other means to get the desired effect? Or how to get Iterate to match the desired FX?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12zJw9varYE

Thank You

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Echo Effect

Post by pfelberg »

Have you tried "TRAILS" effect?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I think the Feedback Source may be what you are looking for,
place it in one of the bottom layers, play your content on top.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Thank you for the reply guys.

pfelberg, I've used trails before, but it just causes a lot of blurring and doesn't really hold the position for too long. I like the effect for live camera feeds (POV) but isn't quite the same FX.

ravensc, Thank you for that tip. I've played with feedback before and haven't really been able to "tame" it. I typically added it on top of the source, Your suggestion and using a 50Add blend mode was able to get sooort of the similar FX. The issue I'm having with feedback is that it eventually turns everything white, and the shadows become very lightened as well. If i set the scale to 50% i can get a really cool infnity mirro FX going but isn't reall ythe same FX I was looking for from the example video. I was wanting to see if there was a way to permanatly Lock the old frames in place while adding new frames on top. I know in After Effects this is a lot of rendering and I'm really not sure if this FX is even fesable for a Real-Time Enviroment? I thought I would just ask around and see if anyone else has tried to accomplish this style of FX before? Again, It's probably not something that was meant to be done in real time and more of a post production rendering FX but it was worth a shot to ask :)

Thank you guys again for yuor input. Maybe someone has a FFGL pluggin that can do this, or maybe it would be worth looking into making one... If I knew how to progam that haha.

Hope you guys have a fantastic weekend!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

doesn't this look like what you need?
phpBB [video]

you need footage with alpha, and you can make a black outline for it with the drop shadow effect - it can be found here somewhere.
the reason you are getting all white textures is because of the lack of the outlines, and also note the Alpha layer blend, with Add blends you'll eventually go all white.
also you really need your content on top of the feedback.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

ravensc, you just blew my mind! THANK YOU! this was exactly what I was looking for. I owe you a beer sometime.

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Sadler »

If you get ahold of Alex Mays Feedback FFGL you can achieve the effect in a single layer (single clip even).

That is how this video is done...

phpBB [video]

crovax
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by crovax »

Hey may you can archieve your goal with the FFGLVolume :)
viewtopic.php?t=11933

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Thank you sadler and crovax! I will be sure to try both of these options out. I really appreciate the advice :)