Will this build get me by?

Bro, does your rig even lift?
DakSom
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Will this build get me by?

Post by DakSom »

I am building a new production computer because my current computer isn't quite cutting. Will a build of these parts get me by?

Mobo- ASUS Micro ATX DDR3 1600
CPU- i5-4950
GPU- Zotac GTX 1050Ti (the compact version)
SSD- Crucial 275GB

Side note- I was planning on getting windows 7 just because its about half the price of ten, I dont know if this would affect much.

Thank you so much!

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Will this build get me by?

Post by Anothertom »

I suppose, maybe, it depends on what you're trying to do with it. And you've quoted a motherboard which turns into RAM specification.

You've covered most of the major points fairly well, personally I might try to get a larger SSD or even move to an NVMe drive. If you've got the money for a new 1050 Ti, maybe look at second hand deals on ebay/craigslist... you might be able to find a more powerful card for the money.

Personally i'm not really a fan of x50 cards, so maybe look at a 1060 if you can push your budget a bit.

N.B. If you're looking at an OEM win 7 license then that would then be locked to the hardware, if you want to be able to change systems eventually you would then need to buy a new license. win 7 vs 10 won't have a major impact on performance.

djsimshady
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Re: Will this build get me by?

Post by djsimshady »

How much did you end up spending on this upgrade?