Geforce GTX 1080, Resolume issue

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
MarkoTC
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Geforce GTX 1080, Resolume issue

Post by MarkoTC »

Hi everyone, Recently received my brand new laptop with the new gtx 1080 card, running the latest resolume arena on windows 10, somehow i'm getting instant fps drops when plugging into another display and also the bpm sync function on various clips making them lagg out/ skipping frames.

Anyone else has this problem? or got a way around this?

Let me know!

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Geforce GTX 1080, Resolume issue

Post by drazkers »

You will never get around the frame drop when plugging in monitors. There is alot happening. Now is it just temporarily dropping or going super low and staying?

The nom function is tied to the timing with your sound card. I know it sounds weird but that's how it goes. So make sure your audio drivers are correctly installed and raise your buffer in the audio setting inside of resolumes preferences.

MarkoTC

Post by MarkoTC »

drazkers wrote:You will never get around the frame drop when plugging in monitors. There is alot happening. Now is it just temporarily dropping or going super low and staying?

The nom function is tied to the timing with your sound card. I know it sounds weird but that's how it goes. So make sure your audio drivers are correctly installed and raise your buffer in the audio setting inside of resolumes preferences.
I normally have 75-80 fps with no monitor connected, directly when connecting with a monitor it drops straight too 30 fps and it stays stable there, but I can still see that sort of laggy look. Not really smooth. Not really sure what's going on since it is a really power full gpu.

Okay gonna check with the audio drivers and the audio settings in resolume.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Is your laptop switching to the GTX 1080 when you connect an external display to it?

Also, I would recommend booting your laptop with the external monitor already connected to it and then starting Resolume.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

MarkoTC wrote:
drazkers wrote:You will never get around the frame drop when plugging in monitors. There is alot happening. Now is it just temporarily dropping or going super low and staying?

I normally have 75-80 fps with no monitor connected, directly when connecting with a monitor it drops straight too 30 fps and it stays stable there, but I can still see that sort of laggy look. Not really smooth. Not really sure what's going on since it is a really power full gpu.

Okay gonna check with the audio drivers and the audio settings in resolume.

I would open the nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings>Program Settings and select arena and make sure the preferred Nvidia processor is selected. The numbers you are throwing out sound very much like a integrated graphics card is handling arena.

Generally you will see your fps drop with more monitors, but a 1080 should be so high up that you wouldn't notice.

HI5
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by HI5 »

I would open the nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings>Program Settings and select arena and make sure the preferred Nvidia processor is selected.
Thats the best way. If ure doing it make sure the other settings are fine.
Theres one setting where u can put your gpu to max performance or stable mode to
prevent it from throtteling. (wich at least causes trouble with latency)

MarkoTC

Post by MarkoTC »

HI5 wrote:
I would open the nvidia control panel> manage 3d settings>Program Settings and select arena and make sure the preferred Nvidia processor is selected.
Thats the best way. If ure doing it make sure the other settings are fine.
Theres one setting where u can put your gpu to max performance or stable mode to
prevent it from throtteling. (wich at least causes trouble with latency)
Allright gonna look into this right now, thanks for all the tips guys!!

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

What is the monitors refresh rate that you are plugging it into? How many frames per second are in your footage? What version of Resolume are you running?

MarkoTC

Post by MarkoTC »

cvanhoose wrote:What is the monitors refresh rate that you are plugging it into? How many frames per second are in your footage? What version of Resolume are you running?
60 hz, clips running in both 25fps and 30fps, running the latest resolume arena version out there, think it's 5.1.2.

cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by cvanhoose »

your output from your OS is pushing 60hz? What happens when you toggle VSYNC off?