Cursed!! - Weekly Builds?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
lotech
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by lotech »

Thanks Bart, its good to have some ideas on whats going on. Keep the whips cracking.
I have 3 versions of Resolume installed and have had to fall back on 1.51 a couple of times - but when trying to perform live and relearning a program with the pressure of actually playing live it can be hard... you should understand.
When you first released pics of Res2 we all got excited - there were enough improvements to get us all foaming at the mouth. What seemed like you were about to release a final off the bat turned into a beta1 and then into a beta2 - 9 months later we're still holding tight for Res2 final. Only Longhorn seems to have a longer development cycle. ;)
But if Edwin is slaving his ass off to get us a STABLE copy before new years lotech and everyone else with problems will be happy.

levon
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by levon »

What seemed like you were about to release a final off the bat turned into a beta1 and then into a beta2 - 9 months later we're still holding tight for Res2 final. Only Longhorn seems to have a longer development cycle. ;)
But if Edwin is slaving his ass off to get us a STABLE copy before new years lotech and everyone else with problems will be happy.

duke nukem forever :D whats that about 3-4 years????

lotech

Post by lotech »

:)

VJzoo

Still buggy....

Post by VJzoo »

We're still having the same problem mentioned above when you select a clip in a deck it often plays a completely different clip. All our clips match in size, codec etc. In fact, we're still having HEAPS of problems, it's a bit embarassing to use it live and have it fail in many and varied ways.

We bought Res2 about 5 mths ago knowing it was beta, but certainly expected the real thing (ie, a stable, fully functioning product for our money) a lot sooner. Feels a bit like we're paying to do their testing - and it was one of the more expensive of the VJ programs we chose from. *sigh*

=^..^= kat & jasper

http://bunniboi.com
~quite nice visuals~

juLiE

Post by juLiE »

Originally posted by bart

...But your output resolution can be 800x600 without any negative impact on the speed because the final scaling is done with trilinear scaling by the videocard.
i know this is an old post, but when i searched on the entire forum for "trilinear" (various spellings), this was the only one i found, so i will ask my question here:

what if your video card only supports bilinear, then what you state above does not apply, Y/N?

also, seems like there would be an advantage of rendering/processing/outputing all at the same resolution, especially if one did not have trilinear scaling, correct?

...just learning about this trilinear thingie, sorry if this seems obvious...thanx

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

i have aAMD A64 3000+ core Winchester with ASUS An8 SLI and ASUS N6600 silencer video card and when i use resolume 2,3 or 2,2 or 1,5 my procesor is on 100%....
did somebody know why???
it's better intel on lga?

VJ Nexus

Post by VJ Nexus »

this %100 has been explained in other threads. Resolume reserves %100 of your processor for when it does need it, instead of calling it at the time - which makes it run faster. Even when you're not doing anything it should say %100 - that's a good thing. This same thing is done with many video games - it reduces lag time for when the processor is actually needed. Your system looks like a good one for resolume, assuming you have fast hard drives properly setup.