Showing content from web browser in Resolume?

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Showing content from web browser in Resolume?

Post by gpvillamil »

So we have a 5 projector setup in a room (3 walls, floor and ceiling) which we use for immersive presentations.

We're using Resolume Arena 5 to manage the mapping (the room is small so the angles are aggressive) and edge blending.

For Resolume-based shows and presentations, it works great. However, there is a lot of interest in being able to project content from other apps through the Resolume mapping, eg bring up a web page in a browser.

Is there any good way of doing this? I'm thinking perhaps through Spout or Syphon?

Alternatively - is there a good hardware based keystoning/edge blending solution?

theLABVisuals
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Showing content from web browser in Resolume?

Post by theLABVisuals »

Under MacOS i'd definitely take a look at Syphoner.

http://www.sigmasix.ch/syphoner/
Introducing ARC - The APC40 mkII Extender.
ARC brings you 640 clip triggers, 128 Faders, 128 Track pots, 80 Scene launch, 16 foot switches and more.
https://www.theapc40extender.co.uk

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by Empyfree »

I'd look at capture card options, you can then manage the content externally and load the capture card wherever you want to in the composition. I use this to bring in "tweetwall" type content along with cameras and Powerpoint content.

gpvillamil
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by gpvillamil »

Thank you, this worked extremely well. We added a Blackmagic Decklink Mini Recorder to our rig, and presenters connect their laptop to it just as if it was a projector.
Empyfree wrote:I'd look at capture card options, you can then manage the content externally and load the capture card wherever you want to in the composition. I use this to bring in "tweetwall" type content along with cameras and Powerpoint content.