Sync output problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Marcelo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Sync output problem

Post by Marcelo »

Hi, can you take a doubt? He had always heard that resolume was missing the timing between outputs. But I had never seen it. I did a work where the Led panel was 2.6mm and in a space of 7x4 mounted and unified this panel consumed me 4 Video outputs. And the image lost the timing between these pieces, imagine a cake and divide it into 4 parts was so that the outputs were looking at the assembly mode of the whole. So that where I looked and saw in the junctions of the Panel he exited from total Synchronism.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: Sync output problem

Post by Oaktown »

Unfortunately, many factors may cause outputs to be out of sync so it's always hard to know where the actual problem is. It could come from using different brands of equipment, cable length and quality, adapters, chipsets, video processors, LED panels, etc...

Luckily you can easily adjust your outputs in Resolume to re-synchronize everything by using the built-in delay feature in the advanced output:
Adjusting Delay
Each screen can have a delay between 0 and 100 ms, to account for small delays introduced by the
signal chain after the outputs leave Resolume.
at 60 FPS, 100 ms will allow you to adjust for up to 6 frames. You would need to identify the output that's the most delayed and adjust the other ones back to match it.

Marcelo

Post by Marcelo »

The problem I had. It did not occur in videos that had 25fps in its architecture. If I do change the output delay, will not this be a problem for those types of videos that I did not see as having problems?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

It sounds like you might want to re-render all your artwork at 25fp.

What kind of LED panels and processor are you using? Also, what's your comp size and panels resolution?

Marcelo

Post by Marcelo »

About Led processor we use processor especific for led screen ,and size comp 3840 x 2060.