Syphoner for PC

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

Syphoner for PC

Post by Arvol »

Anyone have a recommendation for an app just like syphoner for PC (spout). Really loved that app and would love to find a PC equivalent.

Arvol

Re: Syphoner for PC

Post by Arvol »

bump

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

Spout is for PC, it's just less useful as it needs support from both the captured programming and the receiving programming. Sadly it's the closest there currently is without using a second computer and a capture card.

As far as I know...

Depending on what you're trying to capture, XSplit can be used to do a screen capture (automagically or by selecting an area) and works as an input into resolume. This is of course more resource hungry, but should work fine for any machine you're using for resolume.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Thanks Anothertom. I'll give it a shot.
I loved Syphoner because you could select what app to send to syphon. I'll see how Xsplit holds up :)

Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digitrevx »

Someone else posted something that kinda necroed a old project of mine using xsplit so I checked recently to make sure it still works.. But yeah xsplit does work for pc users. Thank god something works.. Hate how mac's get all the nice toys..

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

Digitrevx wrote:Thank god something works.. Hate how mac's get all the nice toys..
This. This exactly.

That said, I've had issues with xsplit into resolume working when i have blackmagic software installed but no hardware attached... and blackmagic hardware not working when xsplit isn't running... which screwed up an event before I realised what was happening.

Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digitrevx »

Anothertom wrote:
Digitrevx wrote:Thank god something works.. Hate how mac's get all the nice toys..
This. This exactly.
Yeah not to rant but I consider the hardware in macs super underwhelming yet so much of the music industry writes software that vj's need that are only for macs. When will they realize this is a issue...