MPEG Streamclip

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Arvol
Might as well join the team

MPEG Streamclip

Post by Arvol »

Sorry guys,
I Know this is a repost, and I know this isn't a MPEG Streamclip forum.
I've emailed MPEG Streamclip and haven't gotten any response so I figured I would reach out to you guys.

On my 64bit Windows 10 PC's, I can't seem to see the DXV3 codec in the Quicktime export window codec drop down.

I have the latest Quicktime and iTunes installed, as well as the Quicktime Alternative version supplied in their site. And of course the DXV3 codec.

The Codec is in my Quicktime folder and I also copied it to the Quicktime Alternative folder. So I know it's there. Adobe Media Encoder see's the codec.

In MPEG Streamclip when I go to Other export, and select Quicktime, I can see the DXV3 codec in THAT drop down menu, that's what is weird to me. It's just a LOT of extra steps to get it working, and I can't use presets that way :(

ALSO, For some reason, When I try to convert mp4's All i get is a White background image when I drop the files into MPEG Streamclip. There isn't any Alpha channel present which makes me think it's something with the app.
I got everything working in AME but I rather not buy a AME licenses for batch converting for the few occasions I break out my C & D rig computers.

Thanks for any help you guys can shed :)

Arvol

Re: MPEG Streamclip

Post by Arvol »

bump

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Bumpity Bump Bumperson ;)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Afaik, MPEG Streamclip has been pretty much abandoned. It would need a pretty big overhaul since Quicktime is going the way of the dinosaur.

A dedicated batch encoder that just makes DXV files out of your content, which works on both OSX and Windows, without the need for Quicktime, would be awesome. It sounds like something that would be right up our alley.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

That would be great! I'm currently using AME on 4 PC's, problem is that I can only use it on 2 PC's at a time before it de-authorizes it on the other PC's. Not the end of the world, but coming from OSX and using Streamclip. It was such a useful tool that was much faster than AME.

Using the AME method that I am now isn't the end of the world, but having a free (or really cheap) option for a batch converter would be more efficient than using the AME method I am using now.
.....or if you could just buy AME outright for $20-50, rather than paying an additional $25 a month for it to be used on 2 more PC's (what a rip)

Thanks for the reply Joris.
Just found it weird that the codec was there under "other formats" but not there under Quicktime like it is on OSX, figured it would be a quick coding fix on their part, but after 3 unanswered emails, I gave up hope haha.