Pixel Mapping for Elation Cuepix Batten

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Ofaroqui1
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Pixel Mapping for Elation Cuepix Batten

Post by Ofaroqui1 »

Is anyone familiar with this lighting fixture? Trying to pixel map 14 of these fixtures.

It has 10 RBG lights, so I assume that's 30 channels / fixture. But the manual says the fixture operates in 60 channel mode. I can set my starting channel address accordingly, but resolume only gives it 30 channels. Is this fixture not supported by resolume or am I misunderstanding something?

https://www.amazon.com/Elation-CUEPIX-B ... B00OBY9U52

IE:
Fixture 1: starts with channel 1 (resolume ends it at 30)
Fixture 2: starts with channel 61 (resolume ends it at 90ish)

Empyfree
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Re: Pixel Mapping for Elation Cuepix Batten

Post by Empyfree »

Your fixture also has a 30 Channel mode.
http://cdb.s3.amazonaws.com/ItemRelated ... _ver_1.pdf

60 channel mode adds in "fine" channels for rgb on all cells.

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

You need to change the mode of the fixture so it's operating in 30 channel mode, otherwise you won't get 10 fixtures in one universe. Don't bother with 33 or 36 channel modes, as you won't want to use the macro channels they give, and resolume doesn't have the option to add non-colour channels to a fixture profile.

In the resolume dmx output, create a 10 cell RGB fixture and patch 10 into the first 'lumiverse' and make sure you've got the output set up properly. Address the fixtures to the correct numbers and away you go...

Ofaroqui1

Post by Ofaroqui1 »

Ok thanks. Thats exactly how i did it, in 30 channel mode. Theres 7 on each side of the stage, so I plan to do 2 lumiverses. Any suggestions on placement of the fixtures? I have them set exctly how the stage design is atm. I ghess i can always change/play around with it when I get there. The plan is for me to use art net via ethernet.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

I've done this with the Battens and the panels. Both work great! As everyone else has already said, just make sure your DMX settings match up.

Anothertom
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Anothertom »

Ofaroqui1 wrote:Theres 7 on each side of the stage, so I plan to do 2 lumiverses. Any suggestions on placement of the fixtures?
You should do that from a single universe (as 14x30=420 < 512), unless you've already got a multi output artnet node. Since an LED batten has a much greater pixel-pitch than a video wall, and you've only got two 7*10 pixel screens, you won't be able to make clear video, so use them for areas where you want some extra backlight/wash. e.g. vertically hung with a gap of 1-3' between them.

Ofaroqui1

Post by Ofaroqui1 »

Anothertom wrote:
Ofaroqui1 wrote:Theres 7 on each side of the stage, so I plan to do 2 lumiverses. Any suggestions on placement of the fixtures?
You should do that from a single universe (as 14x30=420 < 512), unless you've already got a multi output artnet node. Since an LED batten has a much greater pixel-pitch than a video wall, and you've only got two 7*10 pixel screens, you won't be able to make clear video, so use them for areas where you want some extra backlight/wash. e.g. vertically hung with a gap of 1-3' between them.
They are in a 3 - 2 - 2 arrangement on each side of the LED screen. I'd post the stage design but I don't think I'm allowed to. Do you guys run a specific layer for these fixtures? Or should I just use the composite. I'm asking because, the LED wall is 20ft tall, but the fixtures are arranged so their max position is 10ft (3 closest to LED screen). Also, I don't know too much about ArtNet but I do know they will be running the GrandMA2 light console so I should be able to hookup via artnet (if they run one) or the ethercon port correct?