Exchanging clips

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
nokra
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Exchanging clips

Post by nokra »

Hello,

I just got the DXV Codec working and like to use it in my projects instead of the Foto Jpeg one. As it would be quite much work doing all these effect settings again, I'm wondering if there is a possibility to tell Resolume to change the file assignment in the clips. Haven't found anything about that.

Thanks for your help,

Norbert

bart
Team Resolume

Re: Exchanging clips

Post by bart »

There is no automatic way to exchange all the clips but you can simply drag the new clip into the existing one and it will be replaced.

Kaiman

Post by Kaiman »

Hi

I know, this is quite an old thread, but I´m facing similar:

I need to animate text for a presentation. I like to animate each and every text in a similar way, by animating some transform parameters like opacity and scale and then I´d like to copy these animated transform parameters to the next text clip (still clip).

But it unfortunately seems, that you a) can't copy the transform parameters like an effect and b) it does also not work to simply copy the animated clip and then exchange it with another content, because all the transform parameters will be resetted.

Is there any chance to copy the transform parameters? This would safe me hours of work!

Thanks in advance!

Digitrevx
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Digitrevx »

I don't know of any way to copy transforms. But you mentioned effects. That can be copied by duplicating a clip on the deck and dragging your new clip or image out of the source window and onto the duplicate. It will adopt all the effect settings from the clip you replaced.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Could you move the new clip into the same file location as the old file? Making the names identical? Or is there some major behind the scenes work going on, that would prevent this from working?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Lots of things have changed since 2009.

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=14163&p=58684&hilit=.gif#p58684

Kaiman

Post by Kaiman »

Hi Joris
That´s exactly what I was looking for! You made my day!

Thank you guys!