NVS 810 and GeForce GTX1080

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
filipamadeusz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

NVS 810 and GeForce GTX1080

Post by filipamadeusz »

Hello
I have a problem. I have two graphic cards: NVIDIA NVS 810 and GeForce GTX1080 in my computer. NVS 810 should be used as a splitter and GTX 1080 as rendering card. But something is wrong. Resolume Arena renders to me on NVS 810. I can not choose GTX 1080 as an OpenGL renderer. However, when I disable NVS 810 Resolume renders on a GeForce 1080.
Any Idea why? And some solution?
I will be grateful

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: NVS 810 and GeForce GTX1080

Post by Zoltán »

maybe the NVS is in the primary GPU slot?
also make sure to plug your primary monitor to the card you want to render on.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I read how the resolume guys would need to disable the NVS 810 in the device manger and then enable it so that Resolume was forced onto the 1080. Since this was their main way of getting it going they didn't recommend this card combination.

I think the steps are(not 100%)

1.open device manger
2.go to display adpaters and right click nvs 810
3.click disable
4.start resolume
5.enable nvs810

filipamadeusz
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by filipamadeusz »

I changed a slot earlier and this didn't help.
Right now i'm using this way, to disable NFS on Device Manager. But i must find the solution to make that automatically. Thank You Very Much. I will try some more. Maybe i will figure it out

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

filipamadeusz wrote:I changed a slot earlier and this didn't help.
Right now i'm using this way, to disable NFS on Device Manager. But i must find the solution to make that automatically. Thank You Very Much. I will try some more. Maybe i will figure it out
You could create a windows .bat script that disables the device, opens resolume and then enables the device. A good starting place would this these ideas.

https://superuser.com/questions/659934/ ... ate-device

Full disclosure this is not a great way of doing things and probably is the most hacky unstable way of getting extra outputs out of resolume there is. I personally would never suggest this in a professional environment, i'm hopeful this is a shoestring budget in a club.

jate
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by jate »

I am also doing it this way, where I disable a card, start resolume, then enable them.

The ability to dedicate a renderer card in Resolume would make a big difference for me!

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Picking which card to render on is a great feature to have when for instance combining high ends cards set up in Mosaic or Eyefinity for output in combination with a lesser specced card not part of that group to run the UI.

In the specific case of combining a NVS and a GTX, I'm afraid I will have to burst your bubble. Combining these cards is undefined behaviour as far as Nvidia is concerned. It is impossible to access the GTX for anything in any way whatsoever while the NVS is active.

kman1898
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by kman1898 »

filipamadeusz wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 16:12 Hello
I have a problem. I have two graphic cards: NVIDIA NVS 810 and GeForce GTX1080 in my computer. NVS 810 should be used as a splitter and GTX 1080 as rendering card. But something is wrong. Resolume Arena renders to me on NVS 810. I can not choose GTX 1080 as an OpenGL renderer. However, when I disable NVS 810 Resolume renders on a GeForce 1080.
Any Idea why? And some solution?
I will be grateful
How did the 810 end up running?