timecode softwar

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
kinksid
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

timecode softwar

Post by kinksid »

hi folks,
i just noticed the FOH of tomorrowland using a timecode software
it has 2 channel A to B and can get all tracks information
and i think that was very useful for vjing in smpte way
but i don't know it exactly
anyone using similarly software, any commend ?

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: timecode softwar

Post by drazkers »

Yah, I'm sure alot of us have been seeing it when certain guys roll through(Tiesto). Its reading the info sent from record box protocol and converting that to SMPTE. A clever gent has come up with it and sold(I've also heard rent only) it directly to large djs.

He likely isn't part of the pioneer partner program so its technically reverse engineering code, which larger companies like resolume can't blatantly do.

You can also do this with Serato and OSC. I've made a similar system that some artists have used, not as cool tho and much less polished.

dirtyjohn_lv
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by dirtyjohn_lv »

Pretty sure they were part of the partner program at one point, which is how they have/had access to build their software.

David travel's with Fedde to larger shows that require SMPTE, otherwise they rent a macbook with the software out (i've been told they were looking into dongle licensing)

www.agroup.eu

hive8
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by hive8 »

The software is from tool supply David Moor made it, it uses the advanced HID info and sends it via CAT5 to the mac from there you can get the smtpe into resolume, has some really nice features.

http://tcsupply.eu/
HIVE 8 | Quantum Laser | http://www.hive8.com

kinksid

Post by kinksid »

drazkers wrote:Yah, I'm sure alot of us have been seeing it when certain guys roll through(Tiesto). Its reading the info sent from record box protocol and converting that to SMPTE. A clever gent has come up with it and sold(I've also heard rent only) it directly to large djs.

He likely isn't part of the pioneer partner program so its technically reverse engineering code, which larger companies like resolume can't blatantly do.

You can also do this with Serato and OSC. I've made a similar system that some artists have used, not as cool tho and much less polished.

hi drazkers
yah, dose he used a CDJ2000 in front of house to reading SMPTE coming out from DJ booth through wi-fi Rekordbox/get audio from Sound console? and i notice Preference-Audio option have Left/Right how does Resolume get 2 SMPTE signal? i find Serato and OSC is a way too and will try it out, can you tell me how to set it?

kinksid

Post by kinksid »

hive8 wrote:The software is from tool supply David Moor made it, it uses the advanced HID info and sends it via CAT5 to the mac from there you can get the smtpe into resolume, has some really nice features.

http://tcsupply.eu/

thank you
if it be embeded in Arena should be sweet.but i think use a cdj2000 and a mac to setup seem a little complex for vj.

aftermathematic
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by aftermathematic »

Stumbled upon this thread after looking for a method to achieve a good sync between CDJ's and Resolume (through SMPTE).
Is there a way I can contact David Moor to get more info about his method? I'm very interested in using this. Currently I'm playing tracks that have the audio on the left channel and the smpte on the right, but looking for another method that allows me to keep my music in stereo format.
Thanks!

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

You don't contact him directly anymore. You go through sales on the website now. It costs on a monthly basis about avenue for perpetuity.

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Alan Walker and Dillon Francis had in there setup. Bassnectar has his own proprietary SMPTE setup as well.
I'm more of a MIDI triggering via DAW person myself, but I dig the TCSupply app for those DJ's that like to wing it without a setlist, makes knowing what's up next a must have for touring peeps.

drazkers

Post by drazkers »

dinga wrote:Bassnectar has his own proprietary SMPTE setup as well.
They are using touch designer and a version of V-squared's epic for video. Smalley isn't using SMPTE i believe.