NDI support

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: NDI support

Post by Oaktown »

NDI is a huge game changer for sure!

If you like NDI, take a look at this: http://www.bird-dog.tv/ I'm waiting impatiently for it to be released!

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

Mother of god!........
That is very exciting! Hoping in a few years the price will drop to the $400 range, but this is still HUGE!
Thank you for sharing. I will be keeping a close eye on this.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

As a note, I have no ties with the developers! It is a bit pricey but considering that in addition to NDI integration ithas tally for both program and preview, bi-directional SDI/HDMI converter, it's not a bad deal!

If you really like NDI, you might want to look at this older post of mine on NDI programs for OSX and iOS.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I've been playing with those tools for the last few days. I like them but there is about a 1 sec delay.
I've also been playing with IPCAM4SYPHON which gives you 16 inputs over syphon. VERY happy with that little tool.

Luxcollective
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Luxcollective »

So some say almost zero latency, others say 1 second. that is a pretty extreme range... whats the consensus? :-)

swcreating
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by swcreating »

Looks like newtek is beating birddog to the punch with their Connect Spark HDMI->NDI and SDI->NDI converters.

https://www.newtek.com/connect/spark/

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

Would rather having hdmi and sdi in and out than a wireless feature myself. pretty cool though

Programfeed
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Programfeed »

Luxcollective wrote:So some say almost zero latency, others say 1 second. that is a pretty extreme range... whats the consensus? :-)
Just like normal signal flow, a lot depends on your infrastructure. A 10Gb wired network reserved for media traffic is obviously going to perform better than a consumer wifi router that's publicly accessible for Snapchatting club patrons.

It also depends your content and show style. Running Powerpoint slides for a corporate event could look awesome, but using the same network config for a DJ event with fast strobing could look delayed/choppy/terrible.

vmhstech
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by vmhstech »

I have tested NDI today with a TriCaster 460 on the same network with a tricaster in a studio a couple hundred yards away on the same network but across multiple switches. Although it was truly impossible to determine actual latency in Frames or milliseconds, we were able to determine that the latency was faster then cell phone video transmission using FaceTime. Very promising technology. I had full access to all 4 camera feeds on tricaster and the program out from tricaster. Additionally, I was able to set an output to an NDI supported "screen" within the advanced settings which the tricaster can now pick up as a video source within one of the 4 NDI video inputs on the Tricaster switcher.

NDI has completely changed our workflow.
Michael Ruiz :D