Clip / Layer / Group / Deck colour tagging | v6 Beta 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Clip / Layer / Group / Deck colour tagging | v6 Beta 3

Post by subpixel »

This is not so much a bug as my personal feeling about the display of colour-tagged items.

When a colour tag is used, the appearance of the title area is different compared to non-tagged items, not just in the colouration, but in how the right edge ends up as a little triangle of colour when the item is selected (vs there being no diagonal colour slice for non-colour-tagged items).

My two cents:
  • the "triangle" is visually jarring
  • the "triangle" being the only part left as coloured (when selected) somewhat defeats the colouring scheme (I personally find it difficult to distinguish the small patch of colour)
Suggestion:

Just use dark/light versions of the colours (for unselected/selected states). If the selected state being a lighter colour is not enough, perhaps use some other indicator, eg outline the box, or put a * (or dot) in front of the name, or (least preferred) use the trinagle at the right idea but just have the triangle in the white-ish colour and the rest in the colour tag colour.

"Not tagged" should be replaced by "Default colour" - there is no good reason to have a screen full of colour tags with non-tagged items displayed a different way.

-subpixel