R6, OSC: Layer transport is Write-Only?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

R6, OSC: Layer transport is Write-Only?

Post by mfo »

Hi all,

I've been updating everything OSC to R6 and all is working great so far. Just one problem: I can write the layer's transport position, but can't read it. This is the OSC address in question: /composition/layers/2/position

(Basically I would like to know the running clips playhead position. It works for individual clips, i.e. "/composition/layers/2/clips/16/transport/position", but not for the layer. No luck with "selectedclip" or the "*" placeholder either.)

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: R6, OSC: Layer transport is Write-Only?

Post by Zoltán »

If you want to know something that can be sent via OSC you can ask resolume by sending to an address beginning with a '?'
"?/composition/layers/1/position"
would be this in your case.
But with the "Output all OSC messages" you should get this automatically, so I'll create a ticket. (#9883)
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by mfo »

Thanks. I thought it should be in the output.

Adressing beginning with a "?" I've never used. I sent to Resolume first on this address (what do I send?), and then I will receive on the address? Or how does this work?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

mfo wrote:Thanks. I thought it should be in the output.
Adressing beginning with a "?" I've never used. I sent to Resolume first on this address (what do I send?), and then I will receive on the address? Or how does this work?
This is new with Resolume 6.
Resolume sends out OSC when a parameter's value has changed, but you can also send a request to Resolume to send you that value.
Just put a ? in front of the parameter address and send an OSC message to the address.
Resolume will send you back an OSC message with that address, and the actual value of the parameter.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu