PNG Image as a clip - Crash; Can't restart Avenue | v6 Beta 3

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
subpixel
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

PNG Image as a clip - Crash; Can't restart Avenue | v6 Beta 3

Post by subpixel »

I loaded a PNG file into a clip and activated it on a layer, Within seconds Arena crashed. I sent a crash report.

99KB PNG with alpha, 1109x1024 pixels. 1920x1080 composition.

Now Arena crashes / freezes when starting up.

Worse than that, I now have a "Resolume Arena (Not Responding)" window occupying my desktop that has survived beyond closing the program - I can't do anything to it now, and there is no Resolume process in Task Manager. Boo!

Windows 10 Pro x64.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: PNG Image as a clip - Crash; Can't restart Avenue | v6 Beta 3

Post by Zoltán »

With what video card do you experience this?
Can you share the png with us, so we can check the file?
Thanks!
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

Video card: 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
Driver version: recent (will check after restart)

System has Optimus. GPU2 is an Intel HD Graphics 4600
NVIDIA Control Panel settings are for programs to use the high performance GPU.

System is Intel Core i7-4700HQ @ 2.4GHz w/ 16GB RAM

Image is from Wikimedia commons

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... le.svg.png

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

According to your crash log, things go wrong somewhere when Resolume thinks it's a good idea to try to set the Beat Snap for an empty clip. Which is a pretty weird thing to do. Boo Resolume. Boo.

It would help a lot if you could zip your whole Resolume docs folder and send it to us. That way we can try loading your comp with your preferences and related settings, and see why it would try something weird like that.

You can use resolume.wetransfer.com to send us up to 20GB in files.

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

Does Arena do something to the composition save files at any time other than when you use the "Save" or "Save As" options?

After another crash, Arena again crashes/hangs on startup. If I move the Compositions folder, Arena starts again. If I try to load the previously saved composition, it hangs/crashes again.

I've wetranfer'd a zip of the Resolume Arena 6 folder; the new crashing comp is the most recent saved one - Deck Grid 8L80C 10L64C 02 MIDI.avc

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

subpixel wrote:Does Arena do something to the composition save files at any time other than when you use the "Save" or "Save As" options?

After another crash, Arena again crashes/hangs on startup. If I move the Compositions folder, Arena starts again. If I try to load the previously saved composition, it hangs/crashes again.

I've wetranfer'd a zip of the Resolume Arena 6 folder; the new crashing comp is the most recent saved one - Deck Grid 8L80C 10L64C 02 MIDI.avc
Try removing your default shortcuts. The comp will load but midi shortcuts hangs startup if you crash during mapping for me.

subpixel

Post by subpixel »

The last crash happened after Resolume had been running quite a few hours (I went to sleep with it cranking away with 5 layers or so). I'd just created a new group for an existing layer and attempted to insert a new layer above that layer (inside the group). I had been doing a lot of mapping prior to that, but not at the time of the crash.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Looks like Resolume gets into a deadlock when trying to open quite a few of those comps. Good finds! We wouldn't be able to fix this without your comp files either, so thanks for that!