NDI Application Capture Issue

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
Wasko
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

NDI Application Capture Issue

Post by Wasko »

Hey all,

Digging into R6 and plan on upgrading soon.

One feature of the new NDI integration that excited me was the application / browser window capture. I missed the simplicity of syphoner for that kind of thing after switching to PC and needing to use more complicated workarounds.

I want to capture the particle emitter in particle illusion and have it run through Resolume. Resolume (and NDI) seem to have a hard time capturing application windows that have embedded video or graphics, seemingly only seeing the text, buttons etc in a reliable way. I have found this to be true in capturing processing sketches and now particle illusion. I am only able to see my mouse cursor, or the area I want glitches out. Syphoner does this with ease with built in cropping to boot.

Is NDI designed to do what I am describing? Is it able to? That is - capturing particle emitters, processing sketches, things that would be handy in Resolume workflow.

Thanks

AdevProjects

Re: NDI Application Capture Issue

Post by AdevProjects »

What program are you using to capture / send NDI?

Wasko

Re: NDI Application Capture Issue

Post by Wasko »

Newtek Scan Converter to select the program window as a source. Select source 'particle illusion' in Resolume and load onto layer.

When I check the feed of these applications (particle illusion and any processing sketch) in Newtek Studio Monitor the issue is the same.