Tutorial to do wall desconstruction vj footage

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
gesp
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Tutorial to do wall desconstruction vj footage

Post by gesp »

Hello,
I'm a newbie in video mapping and i want to start doing some things. I was loocking for wall desconstruction effects but i don't found anything, someone can send me a tutorial like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CFdRL3ghaQ or how can i do, in wich software?

Thank you for your time.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Tutorial to do wall desconstruction vj footage

Post by drazkers »

Limeart group or search C4D fracture dynamics.

gesp

Post by gesp »

Thank you.. You advise in general some tutorials for a newbie?

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

My recommendation to you is to learn Adobe After Effect. Most visuals you’d want to create for this type of work will be done in after effects.

Also, with the new version of Resolume supporting NDI, take a look at the NewTek creative cloud NDI plugin which will let you stream after effects live into Resolume.

Wasko
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Wasko »

As Oaktown mentioned, getting basic understanding of AE would be a good first step. This video shows how you could take content like what you've linked to in your original post for deconstruction effects. It helped me wrap my head around it when I first started. This effect is more convincing when done in Cinema 4D on a model with a photo texture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ykQLKOYqko

gesp

Post by gesp »

Thank's for your tips..

gesp

Post by gesp »

I have a question, i want to make a test in a facade, i already did an effect in cinema 4d of a deconstruction and what i have to do to project on the facade and to give the effect? I have to render in a special mode?
Thank you

gesp

Post by gesp »

One more question, if i do a sequence with several effects, i have to put everything in a video or i have to put the effect separated? Thank you, i have to do some effects for a school project and i'm a newbie.

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

gesp wrote:I have a question, i want to make a test in a facade, i already did an effect in cinema 4d of a deconstruction and what i have to do to project on the facade and to give the effect? I have to render in a special mode?
Thank you
If your content is all timecoded in AE, all you have to do is export a DXV3 file with alpha as needed. Then you can break it down into multiple clips in Arena by adjusting I and O markers in the timeline.
One more question, if i do a sequence with several effects, i have to put everything in a video or i have to put the effect separated? Thank you, i have to do some effects for a school project and i'm a newbie.
If you have multiple sections, it might be a good idea to render one clip of each section.

As a note, Arena 6 supports NDI so you might want to try the NewTek creative cloud NDI plugin to test your content before you render.

Also, if you have complex mapping, you might want to take a look at the ability to export your screen/slice mapping as SVG files.

gesp

Post by gesp »

If your content is all timecoded in AE, all you have to do is export a DXV3 file with alpha as needed. Then you can break it down into multiple clips in Arena by adjusting I and O markers in the timeline.
Explain me something, when i have objects in my effects with black color, if i export in alpha with dxv3 it makes my effect white. What i have to do can you help me? I have to export with rgb+alpha with dxv3 codec?
Thanks for your time