Timecode software?

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
plur
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Timecode software?

Post by plur »

Hi!

I was trying to figure out how to link my cdj setup to resolume, and seemed like I need a software program for that. The one the faq suggests - Timecode Live - and the one I found on google - prodjlink - both seem like they're only interested in large festivals/venues using their software so is there anything for hobbyists?

Thanks!

Daniel
Team Resolume

Re: Timecode software?

Post by Daniel »

That is the only commercially available product on the market at this very moment - I'm aware that there are a few more, but they are either a lot more expensive OR are just internal builds made by the companies themselves. It isn't really a product that is just for hobbyists ;).

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

plur

Post by plur »

update, found one: https://www.tc-supply.com/tcsupply

i am honestly not sure why this would be a complicated program? seems quite simple, take time input from dj link and convert it into a timecode format.

edit: https://timelord-mtc.com/index.php/download/

am i missing something or are these several thousand dollar highly exclusive programs that update their website saying 'serious inquiries only' after i contact them as a hobbyist doing something that this $100 program doesn't?

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

I'm afraid it is a lot more complicated than that. From the stories I heard is that pioneer is making this an exclusive tool; Reading the data currently requires a lot of hacking tricks to make it work.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

I hacked something together with touch designer. Was a pain, you have to spoof specific packets to be a fake cdj. Certain things are undocumented, you can crash the cdj. I now use tc supply for a reason.

plur

Post by plur »

TC supply has an edu version!

And yeah timelord seems to be doing it the hacked together version, but timecode live should be too? at best it might sniff the packets between an existing player instead of emulating a new one...

Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Besides the Live version, TC Supply just released the club version for $ 250,- USD which is a friendly price compared to the $1999 they're asking for the LIVE version of Showkontrol.( see https://www.tc-supply.com/showkontrol-club)
It works like a charm but it's limited for now to NXS2 and Pioneer Tour setups so not usable in all clubs...
What is different from other software like this, is the licensing from Pioneer which makes it a stable tool to use instead of the others who spoof and hack into the DJ setup to extract data which can really fuck the DJ set up, something I really don't want to be accountable for when running big shows :lol: