APC 40 MK2 midimapping trouble

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Yuckfou157
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

APC 40 MK2 midimapping trouble

Post by Yuckfou157 »

It's probably to find anywhere, but the search was only coming back with mapping topics about midi lights and not the actual mapping so here we go...

I really really like to switch between 2 different blending modes on a layer, Add and Jitterbug, and I really do use both a LOT, on R5 I had 2 buttons, one to switch to Add, the other switched to Jitterbug, now those buttons are gone in favor of a pull down menu, which I also find back in the mapping info when mapping is on, but I can't get it get to work, not toggeling with one button not switching with two, nothing.
Also I cannot map 2 buttons to 1 button in R6 which I could in R5 using both mapping modi.
Personally I am really really confused about the whole mapping thing and even with the manual opened on another screen and trying things I can't get it right, where in R5 I walked thru in a minute :cry:

Wiki
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: APC 40 MK2 midimapping trouble

Post by Wiki »

if you want use two midi map to one button in Resolume click right button mouse and add 'create controller shortcut. If You have problem with feedback information when you change layer or other problems with midi use.. R6 beta 3 version. For me only this version work property, other new versions have a bug and i still waiting when they fix it.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Yeah thank you, but doesn't do what I want, I want 1 (or 2 buttons) that let me switch blend mode 1 is Add, the other Jitterbug, and that is something I cannot get mapped under a button because of the pull down menu and the lack of explanation about this in the manual :(

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

No noting like ugh reading, read the whole midi mapping section up and down again and again and again and if there is an answer to this question then why the hell can't I find it? Because the typo I've found is still there, the answer to my mapping thing not, Yes I have read you can map 2 types from the pull down to a button, but guess what, it doesn't work...
For me this is nothing funny, I'm missing a part of my workflow like this and hate it, so I have read all the funny jokes and serious stuff about mapping but nowhere is to be found how I map 2 parts of a pull down menu onto a button, seriously nowhere..show either show me, or explain me...
Last edited by Yuckfou157 on Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:57, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

It's the paragraph I directly linked to. It describes exactly what you want to do.

Joris

Post by Joris »

Let me make it a bit simpler for you, because you seem very grumpy about this.

-Enter Shortcut mode.
-Assign a shortcut to the Blend Mode dropdown.
-In the Shortcuts panel, select Jitterbug from the item list.
-Duplicate the shortcut.
-Choose Add from the item list.
-Exit shortcut mode.
-Push the button to toggle between the modes.
-Sit down.
-Take a breath.
-Wonder if it was really worth getting worked up over this.

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Uhm yeah, using 2 buttons and a dirty work around I can switch between them finally, probably not as it should do, but it's working, but switching with one button seems impossible..

Oh yeah, I've found this one in the manual:
"BPM is how weindicate the tempo of modern dance music." there needs to be a spcae in between we and indicate..
Ugh. Reading... :lol:

Edit, of course tried your explanation here and it worked, read again thru the manual and found besides the typo this one missing:
"-Duplicate the shortcut. " there is nowhere to be found that you need to duplicate a shortcut and map that one again, and if it is it's burried somewhere deep because until now I haven't found that one out..maybe something to ad to the manual, duplicating shortcuts so you can toggle between functions?

Joris

Post by Joris »

Fair point, I've added a few words on first duplicating the shortcut. Let me know what the other typo is and I'll fix it too.

I think I'm going to leave in the "weindicate" tho. Just because you wrote it needs a "spcae".

Yuckfou157

Post by Yuckfou157 »

Joris wrote:
I think I'm going to leave in the "weindicate" tho. Just because you wrote it needs a "spcae".
:lol: :lol: