Playlist mode

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
toutvj
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Playlist mode

Post by toutvj »

Hi!

We really need a playlist mode, like in every music player, so that we can choose the next clips and just play them by hitting a new button in the pilot section.
In this way we don't have to follow the order of clips or wait that the music changes to put the next clip, we can freely improvise and anticipate, it would be great!

I tried to imagine how it would be in Resolume:
- click on the bottom right corner of a loop to add it to the playlist.
- On the window (right panel) you can see names of the clips added in the playlist
- Hit a MIDI assignable button to go to the "next" clip in the playlist
- Hit a second MIDI assignable button to erase the playlist
- In the playlist window, you can rearrange the order of the selected clips.
- Name the playlist
- Export the playlist

Thanks! :D

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Re: Playlist mode

Post by cosmowe »

hmmm....maybe I get you wrong. But isn't the regular clipdeck exactly that what you are searching for? ....it's just horizontal ;)

Best wishes
cosmowe
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

toutvj

Post by toutvj »

Thanks for the reply cosmowe!

Well, the clip deck does not let you improvise. You have to prepare all clips in compositions and futhermore you can't choose the clips that will be played without respecting the orders of columns.
I still think that we really need that "playlist mode", it's like a freestyle deck, it could be so great!

happy new year
Oscar

cosmowe
Knows Resolume better than the devs

Post by cosmowe »

Well, the clip deck does not let you improvise. / .. futhermore you can't choose the clips that will be played without respecting the orders of columns.
Hi toutvj..happy new year....
sorry I really dont get it..... what kind of improvising are you searching for? Playing any clip at any time? but that is possible.... just open your file explorer....mark all clips ...and drag'n'drop them all to one single layer..... then you don't have to respect any column orders. And if it's the case that you want your "STD" show composition beside your "improvise playlist".....just choose a layer above your composition. And there you go.
prepare all clips in compositions
what kind of preparation? drag'n'drop them into a layer?.... or do you mean that clips with unequal resolutions play infullscreen? .....if it's that what you mean with preparation.... just hit the checkboxes for layer scaling x y.

best wishes
Image Do you like outlines? Easy Outliner on Juicebar

toutvj

Post by toutvj »

Hi! Happy new yearrrrrrr :D :D

Sorry, I'll try to be more clear. Let's take an example. So I am playing, I droped all my clips into a single layer, I can play the clip A or the clip B or even the Y... I am playing the clip A right now and I will want the clip X to play right after.
I don't have time to go in the browser window, select the clip X and drop it next to the clip A.

So for the moment, the only thing I can do is go to the clip X in the layer, wait until the right moment and then click on the clip X to launch it. So in these seconds I was waiting for the right moment I could do much more other things.

This is why I would like to be able to just click on the corner of the clip X and it is saved as the next clip to be played. And when I press a new button, it will play the clip I have selected.

I hope it is well explained now!

Greetings from Amsterdam
Oscar

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

Here is two ways to prep your next clip:
1) When you have several clips in a deck, if you grab a clip and drop it on top of an existing clip, it'll swap the two clips.
2) In R6 you can also drop a clip between two existing clip and it'll create a slot in that layer and move everything 1 step to the right.

barthvis
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by barthvis »

That is actually a good idea Oscar! :-)