hue rotate not working on TouchOSC

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
reteet
Is taking Resolume on a second date

hue rotate not working on TouchOSC

Post by reteet »

Hello, I'm currently trying to set up my ipad as controller for resolume, and I have a following problem atm, i can control other parameters just fine but when i try to control hue rotate, it doesn't work. Currently i can control hue rotate opacity just fine, but when i try hue scale, hue rotate, sat scale, it doesn't work. Any ideas?

Thx in advance!

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: hue rotate not working on TouchOSC

Post by Zoltán »

which osc address are you using for the parameters that don't work?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

reteet

Post by reteet »

for hue rotate i have /composition/layers/1/video/effects/huerotate/effect/huerotate
for hue scale i have /composition/layers/1/video/effects/huerotate/effect/huescale
for sat scale i have /composition/layers/1/video/effects/huerotate/effect/sat.scale

reteet

Post by reteet »

Any news on this? Still havent got it to work, but now that i played around a bit more i noticed there is this effect called bright.contrast too which isnt working either with the input addresses that resolume is offering when going to edit OSC. I'm attaching my touch osc file incase you need it
Resolume.rar
(1.92 KiB) Downloaded 561 times

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

The addresses seem to be the right ones. Are you using floats 0.0f-1.0f?

reteet

Post by reteet »

Oaktown wrote:The addresses seem to be the right ones. Are you using floats 0.0f-1.0f?
If by floats you mean value range from 0 to 1, yes I am using them

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Post by Oaktown »

I made a little TouchDesigner script for you to test.
Test_Hue_Rotate.2.toe.zip
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 570 times
If you're not familiar with TD, just open the file and hit F1 to get into Perform mode which will give you a small floating window with three colored sliders (yellow slider is opacity, blue is scale, and pink is rotate).

Note that in TD, the first / is appended automatically so it's not there but in TouchOSC you should start with a /

The OSC out CHOP is set to port 7000 which is the default for Resolume so it should work no problems.

reteet

Post by reteet »

Oaktown wrote:I made a little TouchDesigner script for you to test.
Test_Hue_Rotate.2.toe.zip
If you're not familiar with TD, just open the file and hit F1 to get into Perform mode which will give you a small floating window with three colored sliders (yellow slider is opacity, blue is scale, and pink is rotate).

Note that in TD, the first / is appended automatically so it's not there but in TouchOSC you should start with a /

The OSC out CHOP is set to port 7000 which is the default for Resolume so it should work no problems.
I'm not familir with touchdesigner. I have only background in after effects and cinema 4d, and bought resolume not too long ago to play with my videos. I really have no idea how should this work, as in that i dont understand anything that i am supposed to do in touchdesigner. Like am i supposed to control touch designer from touchosc? and how should resolume recognize the signal from touch designer?

And am i doing something wrong with touch osc app and resolume, since i can control layer opacity through touch osc app and trigger clips, but cant seem to control effects. Could someone else test if they can control hue rotate and bright.contrast effect through touch osc?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

reteet wrote:Could someone else test if they can control hue rotate and bright.contrast effect through touch osc?
Yes it works fine for me.
Could you post a screenshot of the OSC inspector what you are actually getting into Resolume?
You can open it with the button shown with the arrow
Attachments
Képernyőfotó 2018-01-31 - 2.04.03.png
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

reteet

Post by reteet »

Zoltán wrote:
reteet wrote:Could someone else test if they can control hue rotate and bright.contrast effect through touch osc?
Yes it works fine for me.
Could you post a screenshot of the OSC inspector what you are actually getting into Resolume?
You can open it with the button shown with the arrow
In the picture you can see me triggering a clip, then changing page in touch osc and change layer opacity, then change page in touchosc and try to change value of brightness, contrast, hue rotate

edit to clarify: Using these addresses in touch osc editor
for brightness: /composition/layers/1/video/effects/brightnesscontrast/effect/brightness
for contrast: /composition/layers/1/video/effects/brightnesscontrast/effect/contrast
for hue rotate: /composition/layers/1/video/effects/huerotate/effect/huerotate
with floats from 0.0 to 1.0
Attachments
resolumetouch.jpg