Arena 6 - Clips Freezing

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Arena 6 - Clips Freezing

Post by pfelberg »

Yesterday, during a gig I had several clips freezing, during play or just after triggering.
Clips were not paused. They were in play mode. Playing clips remained "in play" the the image was frozen on screen and there was no movement indication on the timeline as well. Still, it was no paused.
A simple touch in the timeline, re triggering the clip of pausing and playing it again would get it back to normal.
I also had the very same problem on triggering. Clips were triggered in play mode but just loaded static.
As I had 5 layers playing and mixed, people couldn´t notice the issue on screen. But I got scared.
Had no time to try to find out what was going on and today I will try to reproduce the issue at home.
Course, all DXV videos.

Paulo

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6 - Clips Freezing

Post by Zoltán »

Are these Video only or AV clips?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Zoltán wrote:Are these Video only or AV clips?
Actually I am having some difficulties to render/export some quicktime files from Vegas Pro, meaning that even if I have an empty audio track I must export them with audio just to be able to export a quicktime.
So, I can´t recall specific clip files and I´ll have to check that and get back to you.
thanks

pfelberg

Post by pfelberg »

Updated to 6.06.
Loaded the very same comoposition and had the same issue.

For instance, one DXV video clip file containing a sequence of still images. Yes, there´s an audio track included but it is empty.
I didn´t try removing the audio track inside Arena.
Each still duration inside the DXV file is about 1 sec of video, so I set the clip speed to 0.25 to increase the image duration being displayed wthout the need to create a bigger video file.
The timeline runs thru the entire video lenght but displayed only one single image. After the loop was completed, it presented another still image form the video and kept that way. No more changes, images being displayed.
If I touch some clip controller/parameters, it resumes play.
The issue is intermitent, but frequent.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

sent you a PM.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

I started having this issue today as well, video files only playing in bpm mode regardless of if they have sound or the type of codec (DXV2, 3 or H264), I was using ARENA 6.0.3 so thought I should update but the issue was still there.

If I move the playhead in timeline manually it scrubs through and displays the clip.

The issue seems to only be related to one comp as if I make a new comp all the video files work fine in timeline and bpm mode with the same advanced output mapping file as well, I'm rebuilding the comp at the moment so will see if the issue starts again at some point but I dont know what might have caused the issue as I only had still files loaded in the comp that had the issue before adding video.

Super odd bug that's for sure.
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

VJzoo wrote:I started having this issue today as well, video files only playing in bpm mode regardless of if they have sound or the type of codec (DXV2, 3 or H264), I was using ARENA 6.0.3 so thought I should update but the issue was still there.

If I move the playhead in timeline manually it scrubs through and displays the clip.

The issue seems to only be related to one comp as if I make a new comp all the video files work fine in timeline and bpm mode with the same advanced output mapping file as well, I'm rebuilding the comp at the moment so will see if the issue starts again at some point but I dont know what might have caused the issue as I only had still files loaded in the comp that had the issue before adding video.

Super odd bug that's for sure.
Check the composition speed.
It's the slider with the S button on the top left in the interface. Right click on it and it will reset to 1.

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

Zoltán wrote:
Check the composition speed.
It's the slider with the S button on the top left in the interface. Right click on it and it will reset to 1.
haha well that did the trick! I have no idea how that changed though, thanks very much.
Jas
(the dyslexic VJzoo)

http://vjzoo.com
~ quite nice visuals ~