Output Mapping Bugs

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Output Mapping Bugs

Post by Kadete »

3840 x 2160 Composition
2 Outputs: 4k + 1080p

1st problem (since the release of Arena 6):
> Output mapping > Show in Output + Show 8x8 Grid:
phpBB [video]

2nd problem:
> Input Composition is 4k, but i just want to map 1920 width to send to 1080p screen, what i'm missing?
phpBB [video]

Regards,
Flávio Cadete

Daniel
Team Resolume

Re: Output Mapping Bugs

Post by Daniel »

Hey Flavio,

We are indeed facing some issues regarding different resolutions.

Could you please check and do the following?
- Make sure that your UI scaling is all set on 100% (windows display preferences)
- If that doesn't help, drag around the screens within the windows display preferences. Change them from position and switch up the order.

Does this fix the issue? Do you encounter other problems?

Kadete
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Kadete »

Daniel wrote:Hey Flavio,

- Make sure that your UI scaling is all set on 100% (windows display preferences)
- If that doesn't help, drag around the screens within the windows display preferences. Change them from position and switch up the order.
Does this fix the issue?
Hello Daniel,
I have 4k monitor on a 17' laptop. I use normally between 150 for Resolume and AE and 200% (1080p) for daily use. I can't set UI scalling to 100% because would be impossible to read anything.
Yesterday I changed the UI scaling, the output ports and messed around display selection in output mapping and somehow pick the correct resolution. I have to do more troubleshooting another day.
Daniel wrote:Do you encounter other problems?
Yes, For example some times Resolume doesn't recognize correctly a monitor/display and when i set a mapping to that display, the mapping show in another display instead (that had other mapping set), yes, i dropdown all the displays and the new monitor keeps as black it can be.~

Again, messing around with the display settings, changing ports order, "fixes" it someway (trial & error)

Along with the wrongly names, different from the windows display preferences, makes it so confusing to troubleshooting ... but that's a minor "bug" if the other stuff is working correctly :P

Best Regards,
Flávio Cadete

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

Kadete wrote: I can't set UI scalling to 100% because would be impossible to read anything.
Why don't you just lower the resolution of your monitor? Resolume has all kinds of wacky stuff without scaling at 100% its close to a major requirement for the moment.

Daniel
Team Resolume

Post by Daniel »

Kadete wrote:
Daniel wrote:Hey Flavio,

Does this fix the issue?
Hello Daniel,
I have 4k monitor on a 17' laptop. I use normally between 150 for Resolume and AE and 200% (1080p) for daily use. I can't set UI scalling to 100% because would be impossible to read anything.
Yesterday I changed the UI scaling, the output ports and messed around display selection in output mapping and somehow pick the correct resolution. I have to do more troubleshooting another day.
Daniel wrote:Do you encounter other problems?
Yes, For example some times Resolume doesn't recognize correctly a monitor/display and when i set a mapping to that display, the mapping show in another display instead (that had other mapping set), yes, i dropdown all the displays and the new monitor keeps as black it can be.~

Again, messing around with the display settings, changing ports order, "fixes" it someway (trial & error)

Along with the wrongly names, different from the windows display preferences, makes it so confusing to troubleshooting ... but that's a minor "bug" if the other stuff is working correctly :P

Best Regards,
Flávio Cadete
Like bradyv mentioned; I would suggest putting your 4k screen on HD resolution and make sure that everything is on 100% scaling. We are working on solutions for this, but for now, this is the way to go.

This should fix most issues you are facing. If you then still face wierd bugs; then change up the screen order within the Windows Display Settings.

If that still doesn't fix it - then contact us back.