composition dashboard controls(Selected layer function)

"Where is Feature X? I need Feature X! How can you not have Feature X?"
cash4626
Is taking Resolume on a second date

composition dashboard controls(Selected layer function)

Post by cash4626 »

Hi guys , Thanks again for everything, it just keeps getting better and better.... Question... Is it possible to have the composition dashboard controls be given the "Selected layer" function, so when the composition is selected, the controls can be mapped to the same knobs used for the layer dashboard controls? Hopefully this makes sense, i never know how to properly word my questions :lol:

Oaktown
Resolume honorary member

Re: composition dashboard controls(Selected layer function)

Post by Oaktown »

Are you running out of knobs?

cash4626

Post by cash4626 »

lol sadly yes @Oaktown I only have 8, which are mapped with the selected layer on, so i cannot use them with the composition dashboard controls. If when you select composition it un-selects the layers it would work no? Or is there a reason one layer always needs to be selected at any given time?

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

Resolume is designed around the concept that there always is a selected layer (and a, possibly empty, selected clip). It would get very confused if that were to change all of a sudden.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

cash4626 wrote:lol sadly yes @Oaktown I only have 8, which are mapped with the selected layer on, so i cannot use them with the composition dashboard controls. If when you select composition it un-selects the layers it would work no? Or is there a reason one layer always needs to be selected at any given time?
What are you doing with the dashboard dials thats critical besides visual feedback?

cash4626

Post by cash4626 »

cool cool, cant win them all. :D

@drazker: yes i would like to use the dashboard controls for visual feedback effects that encompass the whole composition, no its not important but if it was a option it would have made my controller map a little cleaner thats all.