Adobe 2018 April kills DXV

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
cvanhoose
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Adobe 2018 April kills DXV

Post by cvanhoose »

Adobe dropped support for their April updates. You can no longer render out DXV3.
Avoid if you eat with AE.
I did not see a way to revert back to a previous install as before from the Creative Cloud app.
I reinstalled a previous version of AE from local storage, and all is well again.
Screen Shot 2018-04-04 at 7.32.59 AM.png

Christoph
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Adobe 2018 April kills DXV

Post by Christoph »

as mentioned in the old thread i got the same problems. however for me it was easy to downgrade to the older version within creative cloud app. when i click on the small arrow next to a program i can choose 'older versions', so i chose the previous of after effects, premiere and media encoder and dxv is working again!
(i'm on windows 10)
cc_downgrade.jpg
still it doesn't change a thing that we'll need a futureproof way to work with dxv-clips.

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

ChrisVids wrote:as mentioned in the old thread i got the same problems. however for me it was easy to downgrade to the older version within creative cloud app. when i click on the small arrow next to a program i can choose 'older versions', so i chose the previous of after effects, premiere and media encoder and dxv is working again!
(i'm on windows 10)

cc_downgrade.jpg

still it doesn't change a thing that we'll need a futureproof way to work with dxv-clips.
What is the version you reverted to? I think I went back to 15.0.1 , Ill have to check when I get back to my office.

Christoph

Post by Christoph »

after effects went back to 15.0.1 as well and premiere to 12.0.1

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

Confirmed AE 15.0.1 is the last version to render DXV3. I tried to update to the latest AE and Premiere and downgrading the Media Encoder only with the same results.
When you update AE, it kills the support even on the older versions of AME.

suzybee

Post by suzybee »

hi guys,

i had the same problem. I just installed the latest verson of adobe after effects CC and my DXV3 codec had gone. I tried reinstalling the codec but that didn't work so i had to go back to the previous after effects version (15.0.1) so i could use the codec again.
I'd really like to keep updating my after effects since i'm paying monthly for it, and i want to be able to use any new features they bring in. I know Joris has mentioned they're working on it... Maybe we need a little program we can re-render our files through to use the codec but without losing image quality. Is that possible?

I also saw some people were talking on the forum about apple phasing out Quicktime.
Should we be saving our files as a different file type? If so what's the best one to use for animations? AVI?

Cheers!
Suzybee :)

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

south-park-s08e06c05-they-took-our-jobs-16x9.jpg
They tuk ur deee-ex-vees!

Don't worry, we got you. It's going to suck for a little bit, and then it'll be better than ever before: https://resolume.com/support/en/no-dxv- ... be-cc-2018

chaotica
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by chaotica »

Vegas Pro 13, 14, 15...still working fine for exporting Quicktime 7 codecs & DXV. Would still love to have a dedicated DXV export plugin for Vegas Pro though! :D

Foggy_Lens
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Foggy_Lens »

Is the general consensus that mpeg streamclip is the best solution for batch transcoding to DXV? And I'm shy about using Animation, just the file size can get a little unreasonable and I like to save EVERYTHING when working on a project. For bigger shows, that can mean terabytes of footage...

From a technical standpoint, does DNxHD, ProRes, Cineform or another intermediary codec stand out as ideal for the step between AE/AME and mpeg (or whatever is best for batch?

Thanks!
David Murakami
http://www.davidmurakami.com
Projection Designer, Film Director, & Adjunct Faculty at UC Irvine

suzybee

Post by suzybee »

Thanks Joris,
I knew you guys would save the day... I'll look out for when you put the new cunning DXV plan into action.
Thanks for the hug for everyone, too!
Meanwhile i'll use the previous version of after effects to get by...
Cheers!
Suzybee :)