Red streaks in output

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Mc128k
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Red streaks in output

Post by Mc128k »

Hi all
I'm using a particular setup with an eGPU and Resolume 6, I must say that it works pretty well. One thing I noticed unfortunately is that the DVI output shows red streaks when the scene brightness is low. I believe it has to do with colors represented with small numbers, so parts of the composition which are very dark.

Actually I'm clueless here, I don't know even how to google it. I tried using a DP->DVI adapter and a different cable.

Before trying to exclude the video card (which is hard because the problem shows up only on the led wall and not on the home tv) I wanted to ask if anybody knows about this problem.

I attached a photo showing the defect. Bear in mind that I'm pretty sure it's not a resolume bug, but something with my setup.
Screen Shot 2018-02-16 at 22.55.50.jpg
Thanks

pfelberg
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Re: Red streaks in output

Post by pfelberg »

I bet this is something related wth the Led Panel Controller and not Resolume. Led panels usually don´t deal very well with color blends, specially with low res models.
Just my two cents.

drazkers
Wants to marry Resolume, and Resolume said "yes!"

Post by drazkers »

You're LED panels don't step down to black uniformly so this is common with Chinese panels.

Mc128k

Post by Mc128k »

I thought about that, but apparently the problem doesn't show up with another computer with Resolume 5 and the exact same effect.

Is there anything I can do to debug the issue or gather more informations?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

To debug make Resolume screenshots of the composition with control + shift + P.
Create a new composition, load this screenshot into this new composition, launch it, and set the output to Full Screen on Display - you use, or a new Advanced output preset where you don't do anything else than resizing slices.

Do this on both Resolume 5 and 6 with the same screenshot, and check if you see a difference.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Mc128k

Post by Mc128k »

Found it. It's the monitor color profile. Switch to srgb

Perceptiv

Post by Perceptiv »

Mc128k wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 23:02 Found it. It's the monitor color profile. Switch to srgb
Where do you change this?