AJA U-TAP capture card

Bro, does your rig even lift?
Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Re: AJA U-TAP capture card

Post by Joris »

Let's hope that we can bring that latency down a bit...
IMG_4669.JPG

Warspite
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by Warspite »

I like this device more and more. It captures even BIOS and windows boot screen. So you can use you laptop as a monitor :lol:

weckmuller
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by weckmuller »

When you say blackmagic work with less latency wich hardware are you refering to? Or is it the same measurament across the whole product range for capture cards?

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

weckmuller wrote:When you say blackmagic work with less latency wich hardware are you refering to? Or is it the same measurament across the whole product range for capture cards?
here is some more info on that:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=11714
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

Arvol
Might as well join the team

Post by Arvol »

So I did a festival this weekend using the U-Tap. There was a very noticeable delay from the live cameras.
The U-Tap works great when used for laptop input (websites, and powerer point) but I really haven't seen such a bad delay as this before. (Could be due to a Windows update, but It's highly unlikely)
I switched to the Black Magic Ultrastudio and everything went back to normal.

2 Questions:

Who would be the appropriate person to talk/work with about getting the latency on the U-Tap down to the same as BMD? Would that be an AJA issue, Or a Resolume issue?

Out of BMD and Magwell, Which one seems to have the smallest amount of latency? If I can't get the U-tap down, I'll most likely sell to get a better device.

I really liked this device in regards to running cool and ease of use, but until I ran a live feed through it, I really didn't expect it to act so poorly. We use a TON of AJA converters in the broadcast rooms we support and have never seen an AJA product act so poorly.

If there's anything I can do to help troubleshoot, let me know. My computer and device are yours to use.

Downtown
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by Downtown »

Arvol wrote:So I did a festival this weekend using the U-Tap. There was a very noticeable delay from the live cameras.
The U-Tap works great when used for laptop input (websites, and powerer point) but I really haven't seen such a bad delay as this before. (Could be due to a Windows update, but It's highly unlikely)
I switched to the Black Magic Ultrastudio and everything went back to normal.

2 Questions:

Who would be the appropriate person to talk/work with about getting the latency on the U-Tap down to the same as BMD? Would that be an AJA issue, Or a Resolume issue?

Out of BMD and Magwell, Which one seems to have the smallest amount of latency? If I can't get the U-tap down, I'll most likely sell to get a better device.

I really liked this device in regards to running cool and ease of use, but until I ran a live feed through it, I really didn't expect it to act so poorly. We use a TON of AJA converters in the broadcast rooms we support and have never seen an AJA product act so poorly.

If there's anything I can do to help troubleshoot, let me know. My computer and device are yours to use.

From https://resolume.com/support/en/live-inputs
Magewell
Magewell is a Chinese company that makes very popular capture devices, and they work in Resolume via DirectShow on PC or AVFoundation on Mac.

We'd love to add native support for Magewell devices. Unfortunately, Magewell does not have a single SDK that works on all their devices, and we cannot add native support until they do.
I would not recommend Magewell.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
This is about a year too late haha.
Since version 6, AJA's performance has been much improved.
Here's a link to a thread I started showing different Input device benchmarks and the comparisons between version 5 and 6:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=14891&p=62365&hilit=input+benchmark

And in my humble opinion, Magewell is THE standard that I judge all other live input cards by. Since I've started using Magewell, I couldn't be happier with the price and performance.

huubrutjes
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by huubrutjes »

Hi everyone, I just got a AJA U-TAP HDMI but Resolume doesn't let me use it as a 60fps source. It's not the device or the source, because other software like OBS or some webcam viewers can address the 60fps stream. Does anyone else have this issue? I'm running the latest version of Avenue, 6.0.7 for Windows.

Arvol

Post by Arvol »

I have the SDI flavor of U-Tap. I was getting 60fps last time I used it.
I wouldn't think there is much difference in terms of signal processing and transport between the two flavors.

I'll try to check it out again in a week when I bring it out for a festival and get back with you on my results on the SDI flavor.

What version of Resolume and OS are you running?