Resolume 2.1 problems

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
meek
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Resolume 2.1 problems

Post by meek »

Hi,

I love resolume, and I use it at every gig. Resolume 2.0 is great but seemed to have a few bugs, but nothing too major....
So when I found out that Resolume 2.1 is released I immediately installed it and had a go. I copied my tried and tested decks in to the decks folder for Resolume 2.1 (bad move?) and did not uninstall Resolume 2.0 (bad move?).

So - to my horror, loads of the files in my decks wont work !!I cant see a pattern to these problematic files, they are a mixed bag of swfs, mpegs and other files. Some have effects, timeline controls etc... but others dont. With some of them I get a preview of the first frame in the layers preview, but nothing at all in the output window. I try importing the file directly instead of using the one in the deck and Resolume crashes. Next I remove all the decks from the decks folder, reboot, open Resolume 2.1 and start loading in files from scratch, this works fine until I try and load one of those problematic files from before...an mpeg I've been using in previous versions of resolume for years....and it crashes Resolume.

I cant use Resolume 2.1 until this fixed ! Gutted.

I just tested all the same decks and files in 2.0 and they are fine.

Any ideas ?

James // http://www.meek.tv

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

could you please email me one of the mpegs that is crashing resolume? ::: bart@resolume.com

meek

Post by meek »

ok - doing it now.........

Thanks,

James

meek

Post by meek »

Actually those files are a little too big to email ! 100mb or so.

I just installed Resolume 2.1 on another machine - just to do a quick test - and those clips worked ok on it.
So Im thinking it must be something wrong on my vjing pc.
Im going to try and solve it here, and then post my findings after.

Its strange that they work in Resolume 2.0, so Im thinking it must be cos of this new way that Resolume 2.1 loads videos up.
Ive also noticed that a lot of the problematic files are avis, which I think are cinepak compressed.

hopefully I can fix it! we shall see.

lotech

Post by lotech »

Resolume 2.1 crashes when showing AVI thumbnails of clips, previews and dragging the clips into the banks.

Opened the the same clips in 2.0 to check and they open fine with thumbs. The clips are all AVI 640x480 picvideo mjpeg.
Checked other files too and
MPGs previewed and loaded fine but ran really jerky.
JPG's would load but take ages to show in main out (3+ secs after clicking) at which point resolumes cpu usage hit the roof and my pc slowed down...
SWFs loaded sweet and seemed run fine.

Installed 2.1 into seperate folder from 2.0.

meek

Post by meek »

I installed this and some of the videos are playing back fine now ? -so far anyway

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Multimedia ... Pack.shtml

Must have been missing a codec - but why did the videos work in Resolume 2.0 without the codec being installed ?
hmmm

Other videos are still not working - but i will try and find and install the codecs for them too.

Not sure if i will be taking 2.1 to gigs just yet. :)

VJ555
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by VJ555 »

Similar thing, just copied all teh pre saved decks i had in 2.0 into 2.1 decks folder, seems to load but as soon as try to "trigger" any loops Resolume freezes. Also if try again and look at decks after first one they show white in teh thumbnail boxes.

Nw reloaded Reso 2.1 and now nothing wants to load..! Trying to drag anything acrss freezes Reso. All my clips are Cinepak CODEC most 320x240 some later ones are now 400x300........all work fine in Reso 2.0

Now uninstalled 2.1 reboot machine and Reinstall, same again...2nd clip I load and 2.1 freezes.......:(

I was sooooooooooooooo lookiing forward to this update

VJzoo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Post by VJzoo »

our old decks seem to load fine but after making new decks, the new ones dont work properly :?

we are using indeo 5.2 at 384x288.

bart
Team Resolume

Post by bart »

if anyone has a file under 25 mb that is crashing resolume could you please email it to me? ::: bart@resolume.com

edwin
Team Resolume

Post by edwin »

Hi Lotech,
Resolume 2.1 crashes when showing AVI thumbnails of clips, previews and dragging the clips into the banks.
Opened the the same clips in 2.0 to check and they open fine with thumbs. The clips are all AVI 640x480 picvideo mjpeg.
I just downloaded and installed the picvideo mjpeg codec.
I must say that it is a nice codec and it runs very fast, i discovered that the losless variant of the codec (there are three options) does not work in 2.1 but does in 2.0.
However this lossless one is slow as hell...so i guess you are not using that one right?
The picvideo vfw variant works fine and very fast. It works in 1.5 2.0 and 2.1.
So i wonder what went wrong in your case.
i downloaded the PICVideo™ M-JPEG Codec v3, is that the same as the one you are using?
could you send me one of your clips or put it somewhere so i can download it.

cheers
Edwin