Win 10 : extend by default

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
dcotecol
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Win 10 : extend by default

Post by dcotecol »

Hi guys,

My question is not about Resolume it's realated because I have trouble for my VJset.
By default in Win10, when you plug a beamer on your computer, if you didn't already set the good option on the beam, it will by default do a "dupplicate screen" in order to do a "extended". I know it's easy to set the second screen on extended, but I'm trying to find how to make this by default, like if I plug my computer to a new beamer, it will automatically do an extended screen.

It's really a trouble because for some event I can't make test before the VJ set so I had to plug and play during a show, and I don't want the crowd to see my desktop for 10 seconds ... :|

Thank you !

Holm
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Re: Win 10 : extend by default

Post by Holm »

I would try a hardware solution with an EDID-Emulator.Iif you know the resolution of the projektor it should
work whit the Emulators standartsettings.

jjames
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by jjames »

I am looking for a solution to this problem as well.

Win7 seemed to run with the default as what was last selected.

The new Win10 Creator Edition has a new fancy black display control panel that defaults to mirror mode.

It is hard to search for fixes to Win10 problems as it is the new update that is causing lots of media related issues. Don't get me started on them dropping support for Sound Blaster cards. (I loved the old cards - low latency ASIO).

DHoude
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Post by DHoude »

The "Win + P" hotkey in 10 should bring up a menu to do this a bit easier.

I know the goal is default, but i just don't think it is possible. I have been looking for a long time now too.
Win + P.jpg
Win + P.jpg (16.24 KiB) Viewed 4233 times