Audio-reactive effects, make them more pronounced

Just let it all out, buddy. You're among friends here.
danklim
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Audio-reactive effects, make them more pronounced

Post by danklim »

Hi, i’m trying to find good Audio-reactive effects in Resolume, Could you please help?

First off, are there any effects that work particularly well with FFT external audio effects or BPM sync?

Second, is there any way to use BPM sync for live music? For example, if i played music from youtube or played a piano… would the best way to make audio react to that sound be to use FFT external audio? Or something else like BPM sync?

Third, is there any way to adjust the sensitivity range of the external Audio FFT gain? I know that i can adjust the gain itself, but what i mean is adjusting the sensitivity of the gain to make the audio reactivity more pronounced. When i turn up the FFT gain, this makes the parameter go into the upper values more, but it tends to stay in the upper values (and not return to the lower values of the paremter) when there is music playing. If i could increase the sensitivity of the gain, this would allow for more low and high parameter values and more pronounced effects. I demonstrated what i mean here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02yM-Ou ... e=youtu.be . Also discovered that using multiple parameters with FFT audio automation helps make it more pronounced… is that the best/only solution or is it also possible to increase the sensitivity of gain for one parameter?

Sadler
Hasn't felt like this about software in a long time

Re: Audio-reactive effects, make them more pronounced

Post by Sadler »

First off, are there any effects that work particularly well with FFT external audio effects or BPM sync?
"Particulary well" is quite a subjective phrase. Perhaps before you dive into effects the most obvious things to drive with FFT are scale and colour and the most obvious thing to drive with BPM sync are the beats in your footage.

Here's a short clip that demonstrates this with a 12 beat clip from VJ Survival Kit. The transport is set to BPM Sync with 12 beats, the scale of the clip is reacting to low FFT and the colour is changing discrete colours through BMP Sync (using an envelope in v6).
phpBB [video]

Second, is there any way to use BPM sync for live music?
To use BPM Sync with live (or any) music you have to type or tap in the BPM of the music as it is playing unless you know the BPM beforehand. BPM Sync
it tends to stay in the upper values (and not return to the lower values of the paremter)
Adjust the Fall parameter down on FFT will make the value fall faster. FFT