Midi Settings Lost + Work Around

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
mfo
Is seriously in love with Resolume. Met the parents and everything

Midi Settings Lost + Work Around

Post by mfo »

Hi guys

This is another recurring bug, I think I had reported it here in the Beta stages of R6: It keeps forgetting my Midi settings. All files in /shortcuts/MIDI are gone, instead the defaults are restored.
The strange behaviour is, when I open the Midi Shortcuts just once while running Resolume, it will still know them next time I start it. But if I don't open the Shortcuts dialog, the reset of the whole folder occurs. My settings are out of the window.
It seems to have been an issue with "activePresets.xml". After renaming and Resolume replacing it, the issues seems to have gone. Thus the broken one attached (
activePresets.zip
(357 Bytes) Downloaded 690 times
), hope this helps.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Midi Settings Lost + Work Around

Post by Zoltán »

I have downloaded your activePresets file, put it into my presets folder replacing the one I had.
Started up Resolume, and all my presets were still there.

If I delete one of the factory presets, then modify another one, and delete the config.xml the missing one is copied again ,but the modified factory preset is left untouched.

Just to be clear, are we talking about the actual preset.xml files on the drive which are gone missing, or the midi shortcuts entries you have mapped in the shortcuts panel?
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

cvanhoose

Post by cvanhoose »

This happened to me also at one of my installations. The files are still in the shortcuts folder yet I lost the ability to load them. They have disappeared from the drop down menu in R6

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

cvanhoose wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 22:40 This happened to me also at one of my installations. The files are still in the shortcuts folder yet I lost the ability to load them. They have disappeared from the drop down menu in R6
Could you zip and send the whole Documents/Resoulme Arena 6 folder to us?
Thanks!
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

mfo

Post by mfo »

Zoltán wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 21:00 I have downloaded your activePresets file, put it into my presets folder replacing the one I had.
Started up Resolume, and all my presets were still there.

If I delete one of the factory presets, then modify another one, and delete the config.xml the missing one is copied again ,but the modified factory preset is left untouched.

Just to be clear, are we talking about the actual preset.xml files on the drive which are gone missing, or the midi shortcuts entries you have mapped in the shortcuts panel?
Ha, strange.
In my case the whole folder "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Resolume Arena 6\Shortcuts\MIDI" and its content was recreated, all modified and new midi Xmls gone.
The actual "activePresets.xml" is not in this folder, thus was not replaced (afaik).

mfo

Post by mfo »

Unfortunately I have to report this bug still happening for me occasionally.

The whole folder "C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Resolume Arena 6\Shortcuts\MIDI" and its content is recreated, all modified and new midi XMLs gone.

I doesn't look like activePresets.xml is the problem. It seemed to be, but bug is still happening.

Can't make sense of it. Maybe it was the installation of 6.0.10?

EDIT: Installed the latest 6.0.10 update and yep, folder wiped clean.

chindogu
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by chindogu »

Same problemhere but with previous versions, now i'm afraid of hvieng the same problem
Last edited by chindogu on Thu Jul 26, 2018 23:16, edited 1 time in total.

Joris
Doesn't Know Jack about VJ'ing or Software Development and Mostly Just Gets Coffee for Everyone

Post by Joris »

What's the full path to your MIDI folder? Including the user name? I'm thinking it might be special character related...

mfo

Post by mfo »

C:\Users\mf0x\Documents\Resolume Arena 6\Shortcuts\MIDI
Cryptic, but no special characters.

My "C:\Users\mf0x\Documents\Resolume Arena 6" is a linked folder, yet the wipe-out happens only for "Shortcuts\MIDI", not for i.e. "Compositions".

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

mfo wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:01 My "C:\Users\mf0x\Documents\Resolume Arena 6" is a linked folder, yet the wipe-out happens only for "Shortcuts\MIDI", not for i.e. "Compositions".
Did you link the folder? With what method?