Arena 6 multiply blend mode fade problem

Post your questions here and we'll all try to help.
Zoltán
Team Resolume

Re: Arena 6 multiply blend mode fade problem

Post by Zoltán »

davide93 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 08:17 Yes, indeed after I reported the issue I've seen it happens with every blend mode!!!
Please can you tell me when do you think the fix will come?
Thank you so much in advance Zoltán!!!
I'm afraid, we don't know yet when it will be fixed.
Software developer, Sound Engineer,
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch
try for free: http://programs.palffyzoltan.hu

stevo
Met Resolume in a bar the other day

Post by stevo »

Is that the same issue which I'm facing here?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11766

.. where I'm not able to mask the foreground/background properly?
(see docoptics video at 2:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... P2bnQqLAvI)

if yes *hmm* maybe I could get to sleep a little better. That "simple" mask inside/outide topic makes me crazy :roll: :o

Sven

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

stevo wrote: Fri Oct 12, 2018 22:47 Is that the same issue which I'm facing here?

https://resolume.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=11766
I don't think that's the same.
Control Your show with ”Enter” - multiple Resolume servers at once - SMPTE/MTC column launch

davide93
Is taking Resolume on a second date

Post by davide93 »

Please Zoltán, as soon as you have something to test let me know.
I will perform again in Bern November, 22.
That fix + overlay blending mode would be awesome!!!

I used Resolume 6 for the first time the latest Saturday (13th of October) at the O2 Shepard Bush empire in London during the Current 93 concert and it worked really perfectly! No stuttering at all.
You really did a great Job with the release of 6!!!

I had to do a lot of tricks to override the problem due to that issue but I was able to handle it.

:)

Please keep me updated,

Davide

davide93

Post by davide93 »

Hi Zoltan,
do you have any update about this bug?
Please let me know.

Have a nice week end,

Davide
Zoltán wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 08:41
davide93 wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 08:17 Yes, indeed after I reported the issue I've seen it happens with every blend mode!!!
Please can you tell me when do you think the fix will come?
Thank you so much in advance Zoltán!!!
I'm afraid, we don't know yet when it will be fixed.

davide93

Post by davide93 »

I want to be sure you know what I'm talking about.
I meant this bug!!!

Best,

Davide
Zoltán wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 07:40
davide93 wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 23:05 If I tweak the blend mode of the clip changing it from layer determined to multiply when I play that clip
I still see the jump.
This is a different issue we're working on, and affects all blend modes not only the Multiply. (#11504)
What happens is that the layer blend switches to the Clip blend around 50% in the transition.

Zoltán
Team Resolume

Post by Zoltán »

I don't have an update yet.
This is not a bug per say however.
At one point in the transition the layer blend Needs to be changed, with clips set to a custom blend.
For a clip that is transitioning in to an empty layer we can make the behavior such that the switch happens at the start of the transition, so the clip will start to fade in with it's set blend.

With a transition between 2 clips there will be always a cut in the blend mode, so I think for that case we'll probably go with keeping the current behavior, unless our devs can come up with an elegant and easy solution.

davide93

Post by davide93 »

Thank you for the update Zoltan. When I reported the problem about multiply mode I received a similar answer but then people complained about the multiply blend mode behaviour and you fixed that issue and I'm so glad you did it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we have a very similar problem:
an amazing feature that would allow the users to avoid to change constantly blend modes on the layer during the performances and (I speak for myself) is useless. I know at some point the layer blend need to be changed but there is a better way to do it. You need to blend the result of the two different blending mode so to have a smooth transition. If you use resolume to manipulate video for percussive music like techno even the jump works but when you use it to blend videos for less rhythmic music you perceive the jump in a very bad way.
I hope you will come back on this and fix it because that is really a life saver!!!

Best,

Davide